Chapter 7: The Truth Hurts...

Lucille's POV

"What...what do you mean you tried everything?" I started feeling tears appear in my eyes again, and stood still. Drew was about to break down. "We took tests, scans, ultrasounds, and even went inside to see what caused the bleeding..and well, we found something." I know both of our faces turned paled, and I can feel my heart start to skip faster and faster. Benedict grabbed my hand, and held it. I did the same with Drew.. 

"She was pregnant. When you brought her in, she was going through a miscarriage that more than likely could've took her life due to the amount of blood she lost." My heart sank to my stomach. Abby was pregnant, another miracle could've happened. "Unfortunately, she wasn't far along either." "Where is she?" Drew asked the nurse. We could tell that he couldn't hold himself together, by the sound of his voice. "She's recovering down the hall." "When can I see her?" "You can right now if you would like" Drew turned to Benedict and I, "Can you both go get Victor? And come back in an hour." "We can do that." Benedict said. Drew followed the nurses down the hall, and we went inside the elevator and headed towards the car. 

Martin's POV

I was leaving Benedict's flat when I received a call: 

Martin: Hello? 

Benedict: Martin, it's me. Sorry I didn't return your calls, I was with Lucille at the hospital.

Martin: Is everything alright?! What's going on?! 

Benedict: Lucille's friend Abby, well, we had to rush her to the hospital this morning and we're heading to Lucille's co-worker's flat to get Abby's son. 

Martin: Are you going to ever return to your flat? 

I heard him talking to Lucille for a while, and it sounded serious. 

Benedict: After we get Victor. 

Martin: Should I stay here then and wait? 

Benedict: Oh, you're there right now? I'm sorry that i'm keeping you from waiting. We'll be there in about 25 minutes. 

-35 minutes later- 

"Sorry we kept you waiting" Benedict said as he put the key through the keyhole and unlocked the door. Lucille was carrying Victor, who is Abby's son by what information I received on the phone. "I'm going to wash Victor" Lucille grabbed the baby bag from Benedict, and went down the hall to the bathroom. A sigh came out of Benedict's mouth. "So, when are you going to tell her how you actually feel?" I asked him, wanting to know when he's ever going to tell Lucille how he actually feels. "With Abby in the hospital and her leaving next week, I don't know. It seems like there isn't a right time to tell her." "You need to before it's too late." He looked down at his shoes that are wet from the rain.

"Tonight." His head went up. "Tonight? Why tonight?" "Because it seems like it's the right time to tell her. Despite the fact that Abby is in the hospital and she leaves next week, you may as well tell her tonight!" "But I don't want to seem like an arse for telling her that I don't like her like that at the moment. Maybe after a while i'll get used to her and grow feelings for her." Behind Benedict, I see Lucille, standing there with a wash cloth in her left hand, and she was also carrying Victor. There were tears in her eyes. Shit. I thought to myself. 

Benedict's POV

"What?" I asked Martin. He shook his head towards me and said "Look" I turned around and saw  Lucille standing there, with Victor in her arms along with a wash cloth. "Did...did you hear the whole thing?" All she could do was shake her head. "I-i'm sorry you're finding out this way. I didn't know when was the right time to tell you or how to say it!" I walked over to her, and tried giving her a hug, but her free hand pushed me away, and I hand to gain my balance back while standing. "It pisses me off that you didn't know when or how to tell me." "I was scared with what your reaction would be." "Benedict, this is why you should've done it before." Martin said, and Lucille's eyes got even bigger. "You knew and kept telling him when to do it?! Oh my god." Lucille grabbed her bag with her free hand, and headed towards the door. "Where are you going?" I asked her. She gave me an upsetting look. "Benedict. I don't want to hear from you again. I trusted you." She slammed the door behind her. "What have I done..." I said as my eyes watered. "It was for the best" Martin said, as he put his hand on my shoulder. 

-Sorry this chapter is short and it's posted late. Had a busy day yesterday watching basketball games at the school! Anyways, i'm about to write chapter 8, and also, i've already wrote down all the chapter titles, and there is 20 of them. Enjoy:D-