Part Ten

"We just gotta make a pit stop."
Keegan explained as we crawled towards the student car park exit.
The usual car park congestion was all around us, making me feel frustrated.
I just wanted to get to the hospital to see Zander!
He'd seemed off last night and today.
I hope he's not taking a downhill slide...
"Pit stop to where?"
I asked.
"Pick up Lexie."
Oh!
"Is she allowed in now?"
Keegan shrugged.
"You said Zander seem's bored lately and agreed to start letting more people in."
"Yes but it's probably a better idea to ask him first."
I pointed out.
My brother rolled his eyes.
"It's Lexie."
Okay...
I just hope he know's what he's doing.
Finally we reached the entrance and Keegan leaned forward to check for a break in the school peak hour traffic.
He chose his moment and suddenly dropped a gear, the Hilux surging forward with a growl of its engine.
The first few times I'd been in the car with him, that kind of action had startled me.
Now, I didn't even notice.
We drove the opposite way to the hospital, so that we could go back to Lisa Hunter's rental apartment.

"Maybe I should move to the back seat."
I suggested when Keegan pulled up in the driveway, behind Lexie's Ranger and Zander's familiar dark green Hilux.
"Don't worry."
Keegan denied.
"Lex won't mind."
The apartment door opened and the stunning figure that is nineteen year old Lexie Mackenzie stepped out onto the stone platform.
She was wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of Cowboy boots, along with a three quarter sleeve Emerald green shirt, with the top couple of buttons open.
She pulled a pair of mirror lenses sunglasses onto her face, closed the house door behind her and strode towards the car.
She came towards the passenger side, probably because it was closer.
I turned to Keegan to find him pretty much drooling.
Smirking, I reached over to shove his shoulder.
"Might wanna wipe that drool off your chin or at the very least pick up your jaw..."
I teased.
The slightest of red tinged my brother's cheek's and he straightened his sunglasses as Lexie opened the back door behind my seat and climbed in, the scent of a perfume I wasn't familiar with greeting my nose.
"Hi!"
She chirped.
Keegan twisted around in the driver's seat, an all out smile on his face.
"Hi!"
He greeted.
Ewe...
No wonder Keegan hates watching Zander and I together.
This is awkward as hell!
"Alright! Have your moment."
I told the pair and turned away to look out the passenger door window, sticking my fingers into my ears.
Despite this, I heard their laughter.
"Relax Bails."
Keegan stated and suddenly the Hilux was coasting backwards, bouncing down the gutter.

Pretty much for the entire drive to the hospital, I had to ear with myself to not just come straight out with it and ask Keegan and Lexie just exactly what they are.
They light up whenever they see each other.
They have sleepovers.
I've seen them kissing more than once.
And I'm pretty sure Keegan is no longer sleeping around like a manwhore.
It's kind of obvious to declare that they're dating.
Yet neither one of them has said as much.
Don't say it Bailey, that's just awkward.
I ordered myself.
"You're up Bails."
Keegan's voice interrupted my thoughts.
"What?"
I asked, snapping my attention back to the inside of the car.
Up for what?
What is he even talking about?
"Well it's up to you to sweet talk Zander into letting Lex back onto the visitor's list."
Keegan explained.
I looked quickly over my shoulder into the back seat to catch a glance at Lexie before turning back to Keegan.
"You formulated this plan without talking to Zander?"
I asked in disbelief.
"Not meaning anything against you Lexie, I know full well that Zander loves you."
I added quickly, a little concerned I could have accidentally offended her.
"None taken."
She assured.
"You told me he's bored anyway."
Keegan insisted, shooting me a glance.
Damn it!
This was so going to come back to bite me in the arse...
"We'll get us some food and whatever and you can go sweet talk him."
Keegan explained as we entered the outskirts of the town.
Great.
What if Zander's not in a great headspace and this just pisses him off?
Although last night he did say he should possibly let more people in to see him...
Keegan turned into the hospital car park and I prepared myself for facing potentially upsetting Zander by giving him no warning.
Then again, he might be fine with it because I know his connection with Lexie is quite strong.
She's roughly eighteen months older than he and Keegan and has looked after him in their younger years.
"So Lex and me will be back soon."
Keegan stated when he stopped the car near the entrance doors rather than heading off to find a park.
"Lexie and I Keegan."
I said with a roll of my eyes.
He rolled his own eyes.
"Oi I love my Mum but I don't need two of her."
He stated.
We all laughed.
"I'll see you guys soon."
I bade and climbed my way out of the vehicle, knowing full well we weren't meant to be parked their for long.
Glancing over my shoulder as I walked towards the electric doors, I could just see Lexie climbing through the front seats to sit in the passenger seat.
"Scuse me."
I turned around quickly to find that I'd almost walked into a man pushing a woman in a wheelchair.
A baby lay in her arms wrapped up in pink blankets.
Immediately I felt a blush take over my face.
"Sorry!"
I squeaked, taking quick steps to the side.
"You're fine honey."
The brunette woman assured with a kind smile.
Still feeling my face burning with a blush, I hurried inside the huge building.