Part Fifty Three

Zander

"Talk to Me."
Benjie requested, not for the first time.
Even though I wanted to punch him straight in the face, I'd managed to so far ignore him on our drive to the Hospital from the Airport.
White hot rage was burning searing and relentless through every vein in my body.
Yet some other part of my body was breaking down in hurt and fear, for Bailey.
How the hell could none of my motherfucking so called Brother's have not told me about what happened?!
"Zan?"
Benjie prompted.
"Get fucked!"
I bit out, shooting my eldest Brother the best glare that I felt like I could conjure up.
Out the corner of my eye I caught Benjje swallow thickly.
As of now, I fucking hated every single one of my Brother's.
No doubt by now they all know.
The Evans Brother's too.
I fucking hate them too!
I spoke to Keegan last night and He chose to not say a damn fucking word!
"The only reason nobody said anything was so you could finish the comp."
Benjie all but whispered.
Red was all I seemed to see.
"That wasn't your call to make!"
I yelled.
I felt pain sear in my right hand's knuckles and the cracking of the plastic dashboard before I even registered I'd thrown my fist.
"I'll just wait to talk to you when you've had some time to process it all."
Benjje muttered, taking the exit off the freeway.
We turned onto a fairly quiet double lane road that would lead us into the township of Currency Creek, where the Hospital was located.
"I already told you that you can get fucked!"
I snapped, shooting him a glare.
"You all can!"
I was lurched forward in my seat, the seatbelt digging into my collarbone when Benjie stomped on the brake.
"For fuck sake!"
I growled, adjusting the seat belt so it gave me some reprieve.
"Do you just want me to take you home?"
Benjie asked, twisting slightly to face me in his seat.
"What?"
I asked, completely confused.
"Well you said we can all get fucked. Does that include Bailey?"
"Of course not!"
I shouted, clenching my hands into tight fists.
"Well are you gonna yell at her too? Coz I can tell ya right now She doesn't need that!"
Benjie retorted.
"Just take me to the fucking Hospital!"
I turned away from my Brother, to glare out of the window at the hay fields and scattered tree's.
"I need to see her..."
I felt physically sick, at the knowledge of what had happened to her and also at the fact that nobody had bothered to tell me.
But I had to see her.
She was probably in a bad place right now.
I felt the Ute surge forward again, the Diesel engine revving in protest.

I knew Benjie was following me as I strode through the Hospital.
Because he finally got the gist that I wasn't interested in speaking to him, he told me while he was parking the Ute What Ward and Room Bailey was in.
He was following me, but I chose to pretend not to notice.
Finally I turned the corner and walked through the doors that led into the supposedly correct Ward.
I nearly immediately found three familiar faces amidst the scattered people in the waiting area.
Keegan.
Heath.
Amara.
Amara's blue eyes widened upon seeing Me.
She turned to say something to Keegan and my best friend lifted his head from staring down at his phone screen.
Keegan seemed to freeze as he stared at me.
I watched guilt, sympathy, apprehension and even regret flicker through his expression before he locked his phone and pushed to his feet.
But at this point in time, my sympathy levels for Keegan weren't running very high at all.
The only sympathy I currently felt for him was that I knew he would be suffering on Bailey's behalf.
Keegan opened his mouth as I walked closer, having to pass through the traitor's to be able to get to the corridor where the room's were situated.
I just glared at my so called Best Friend as I passed him, not slowing my pace at all.
My only intent at this point in time, was to see Bailey.
And let these arseholes I'd considered as family know how fucking pissed I was at them.
Right now, I was pretty sure I'd never forgive any of them.
None of them had the right to keep this from Me.
"Can I help you?"
I stopped in my tracks because a short, round figured Nurse intercepted my path, cutting me off.
I inhaled a deep breath, trying extremely hard to not let the anger I felt towards my Brother's and Keegan loose on an innocent Hospital Staff Member.
"I need to see Bailey Evans."
I explained, sliding my hands into my board shorts pockets.
The Nurse shook her head.
"I'm sorry honey but She's not really up for visitors at the moment, other than family."
Now I really had to fight to not yell at her.
"I'm her Boyfriend."
I explained, clenching my jaw.
"I just got off a plane from being interstate."
The Nurse's hazel eyes widened significantly.
"Oh!"
She looked over her shoulder quickly before turning back to me.
"Give me a moment honey."
She requested.
She hustled around me, heading towards what looked like a reception desk.
Little did she know, I already knew the room number Bailey was in, so I wasn't about to wait for her to a) come back and tell me the number, or show me the way, or b) tell me I had to wait.
I looked over my shoulder to see the Nurse talking to another, tall and lanky one and turned my attention to the room's that lined the corridor.
Room 10 came into my view after passing the first few doors and I beelined straight for it.