Part Fourteen

Thank you so much MHW1998 for your vote and comment on Chapter Thirteen! You literally made me so excited and gave me the determination to get this next chapter done sooner!

"So how's Zailey goin'?"
I paused with my musli bar almost to my mouth and turned my head to the right to see that a few of Keegan's friends had arrived.
They've got a thing with visiting our group.
I think it's because a few of the single guys like to hit on Kellie and now Clayre.
Ashton and Boston were now sitting to my right.
"Zailey?"
I asked, confused.
What the hell are these boys on about?
Who's 'Zailey' and what makes them think I would know anything about this person?
"Zailey..."
Boston said pointedly.
"You know... Zander."
"And Bailey."
Ashton chimed in.
"Mixed together."
The friends finished in unison.
Oh dear lord...
"You boys are nuts!"
I exclaimed.
"It's an awesome name!"
Ashton defended, a look of a kicked puppy on his face.
I rolled my eyes.
"It sounds like something from Twilight."
Ashton and Boston high five'd each other.
"That means we're onto somethin'!"
Onto something?
No.
Stephanie Meyer was 'onto something', because she had a story that all the hopeless romantics fell in love with.
"No."
I denied.
"You guys are nut's."
"You wound me!"
Ashton declared, grasping his hands over his heart dramatically.
I shook my head and turned back to my recess.
There is something seriously wrong with Keegan and Zander's friends...
"Hey."
I turned my head left to see that Andre had arrived.
"Hey."
I answered.
Thing's had been a bit awkward when I'd first seen him at school Tuesday.
But, I'd found some courage and I'd apologised for being such a weirdo and running away.
Now, I was pretty certain we were back on good terms.
"Go away."
Ashton and Boston not so subtly said, once again in unison.
I spun around to give the boy's a wide eyed look.
What the hell?
"I don't have to."
Andre said coolly.
Uh oh...
Ashton scowled.
"You don't wanna play that game dude!"
If they were attempting to defend me, then that was kind of sweet.
However, I was pretty certain they were just looking for somebody to harass.
As far as I was aware, none of the boy's had been in any fight's or anything lately.
That, or they thought they were defending Zander's honour by trying to make boy's stay away.
Except, Zander and I trust each other.
"What game might that be?"
Andre asked, seemingly to be perfectly calm for a guy who was maybe not intentionally pushing the button's of a couple of guys who are renowned for fighting.
Boston cracked a sarcastic smile.
"Then go find some! There's plenty of people in this school!"
"Ashton, Boston, enough!"
I scolded through a clenched jaw.
Both the boys stared at me with their jaw's hanging slack and their eyes wide.
Andre however, smirked triumphantly.
He wiped his smile when he caught me turn my head though, like he thought I didn't notice.
Feeling angered, I gathered the last of my uneaten recess and my rubbish and I pushed myself to my feet.
I don't have to sit around and deal with this shit!

Mr. O'Donnell left our Science classroom to 'get more supplies'.
He was an idiot to leave a classroom of year eleven's unattended, but I finally had my moment.
Ella was the only one out of our initial hangout group that was in this class with me.
Bindi Bennett, Leah Ford and Cassidy Wardon who were all nice girls were also in the class, except it was Ella's brain I needed to pick.
The poor girl looked like a deer caught in a car's headlights when I plopped myself down onto her desk.
Innocent little Ella opened her mouth and closed it several times, but apparently she couldn't form words.
She looked like a fish out of water and yes, I felt bad for being the one to cause this reaction out of her, but it was about damn time I got answer's.
Hayley was barely speaking to me and all I seemed to receive from her were glaring dagger's.
What the hell I'd done to her, I had no idea.
And because Ella appeared to be Hayley's shadow lately I figured asking Ella what was going on was the next step other than confronting Hayley.
Which I would do, if she'd even talk to me.
"How are you Ella?"
I asked, doing my best to appear cool and calm.
Ella opened her mouth, but apparently she still couldn't speak.
"F-fine!"
She finally managed to squeak.
I nodded.
"So what's up with Hayley?"
I asked.
Where my confidence had come from, I didn't know.
I was never the girl who'd stand up and do this.
But, I guess I wasn't being all that strong, because I was currently asking Ella, not Hayley.
Ella's face paled and she shrunk back into her chair.
"B-Bailey I r-really don't w-wanna get i-in the m-middle!"
She squeaked, her cheek's going a tinge of pink.
Typical me, guilt gripped at my heart.
It was mean and also spineless of me to ambush Ella.
If I really want to know what problem Hayley has with me, I need to ask Hayley.
"Sorry."
I muttered, averting my gaze.
I slipped down from Ella's desk and made my way back to my own desk.
So much for attempting to get my life back under control...
Feeling alone and defeated, I slumped onto my desk just as Mr O'Donnell walked back into the room.