Growing Fins

July 20th

So I woke up somehow in my bed. My mom quickly rushed in."How are you feeling?" she asked. To be honest I was sore all over. "I'm fine, but I'd like to know what happened to me" I responded. " Well of course you don't remember anything, I found you ice cold. That must have been a hard bolt." I looked at my mom confused. "Was I like struck by lightning?" I asked finally getting something. My mom nodded, sniffed and said "I'll be back with your breakfast."

Some birthday.

My mom returned with a glass of water and waffles. I've always thought they were better than pancakes. " Let me know if you need anything" my mom said as she closed my bedroom door behind her.

I needed a minute. Things just didn't add up.

Then it got worse.

I picked up my water and accidentally spilled it on myself. My legs started to tingle, then throb, then sting! I took off my covers to look at my legs. They had turned a series of shades of orange and red! My legs (Which were spread apart)  quickly smacked against each other while scales started sealing the gap between my two legs. Now, my legs were covered in scales, and my feet started to stretch out and take shape of a fin.

My legs felt like they were on fire. Or should I say my tail.