Locked away

Three days had passed.

I wonder what my parents were thinking.

I had met a nice old man named Kobus. He was Dutch. He told me a lot about his home.

I had asked him what he thought my parents were thinking. The thing he told me crushed my heart.

They didn't remember me. Estella (the eel woman) would put magic spells on anyone in contact with the person being kidnapped.

She had made my parents forget about me. In their lives, I never existed. 

I would float in my cell, occasionally talking to Kobus.

The old man had very pale skin. At night when I would get sad, he would joke with me that he was so pale he glowed.

That always made me smile.

One day Kobus tapped be through the cell bars.

"Weren't those your friends?" He said to me, pointing to Hunter and Alexa as they swam directly towards my cell.

I was so happy, I almost screamed. Hunter snatched the keys and tossed them to Alexa. She unlocked my cell, and I dashed out into a group hug.

I then noticed the huge bag Hunter was holding. He swam into my cell, and put the contents of then bag on the ground. It was a mermaid skeleton.

I grinned at them, then turned to  Kobus. "I'll come back," I mouthed. He just smiled and watched us as we went.

Final step: Defeat Estella, and free the merpeople.

But how?