Estella

Once we arrived, I checked the maps.

Raven Point lake Trail. That was the trail that led around the lake. The only one at Raven Point.

"Hey mom, can I hike the trail?" I asked my mom. "Sure hun, just keep your phone with you!" She replied. "Uh mom, no service," I reminded her. "Right, just be safe." My mom told me.

I walked towards the entrance of the mountain trails.

There in front of me, loomed Raven Point.

A huge sharp rock twisted up and out at the top of the main point. It was surrounded by smaller mountains with sharp rocks jutting out in many directions.

I started to walk the lake trail. It was obvious no one ever used this trail. Weeds and small shrubs were sprouting in the middle of the trail. It was almost abandoned.

Giant gnarled trees formed a canopy above the trail. Rusted signs pointing you in the right direction were posted onto some of the trees. I walked for quite a while, when I reached the lake. The water was pitch black.

I stood there staring at the lake.

Help

I heard the faint whisper.

I looked around and dove into the water.

At the far side of the lake I heard cries of anguish. Mer people calling for help.

I quickly swam towards the sounds.
Once I got there, I saw many grimy cells containing mer. I looked and looked for my friends, until I got to the very last cell. Somehow, an air pocket was floating at the top of the cell.

I gasped. I tried to talk, but since I was only half mer, I couldn't. Hunter reached out and pointed towards a key ring.

I quickly swam over and unlocked their cell. I swam in and put my head into the bubble.

"You came!"Alexa shouted with joy. "No time."Hunter said breaking out group hug. "I need to go unlock all of the other cells," I said. "No, they can't leave," Alexa replied.

"They are full mer, so they can't walk." Hunter continued. "Okay then, let's get out of here. We can figure out how to get the others out later." I said, helping my friends out of the cell.

"Yes, yes, get the others later." I heard a sharp voice behind me.

The eel woman was in between Alexa and Hunter and me.

I quickly motioned for them to swim.

Alexa shook her head. I threw the necklace Hunter had given to me, back to him. He nodded, then grabbed Alexa and swam away.

With the excruciating flick of an eel tail, I was locked up.

"Estella, stop!"

Was the last thing I heard before I was unconscious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
END OF BOOK ONE

LOL JK!!😂

The picture above is fan art of the eel woman by the amazingly talented Doughnuthole !💖 FIRST FAN ART!!!🎉🎉🎊 I will try to update soon!!!