More than I thought

Alexa looked over at me and quickly snatched my hand. She clenched her fists, kicked her tail and kaboom! We were standing on our feet! "Oh, we were just looking at the gorgeous water", I told my mom. "Okay, I'll call you girls when it's time to come in", my mom said to me. "And Claire, don't you make Alexa go in that water if she doesn't want to", my mom warned me. "I won't", I giggled as she left.

Alexa unclenched her fists and we both flopped on the ground. "How did you do that?", I asked Alexa in amazement. She laughed. "Well, different mermaids have different powers. That is my power," Alexa explained to me.

For the rest of the night Alexa and I tried to discover my power.

No such luck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The next morning I woke up and it somehow seemed to be raining on me! I looked up and saw a rain cloud above me! How in the world is this possible?! I thought to myself. I felt my arm throbbing and I looked to see my hand in a widespread position. I quickly released it and the rain cloud went away.

I tried again. Spread. Release. Spread. Release.Spread. Release. Over and over.

Same results.

Well, I think I've discovered my power, I thought with a grin

Just then the doorknob started to rotate. I looked around, panicked, for a place to hide.

There was nowhere.