Defeat

We all swam down, and halted in front of the cave. I gave Alexa a huge hug, and Hunter gave her a small one as she swam to the outside wall of the cave. Hunter and I made a quick embrace, and I swam in. He hid right at the mouth of the cave, keeping a close watch.

"Come out and show your face, Estella! I'm here to finish you!" I said as I pulled out my sword. It wobbled in my hands, due to me having no idea how to use it. Maybe Hunter should have done this.

" You think you can kill me! What a brave little guppy you are!" Estella cackled as she came out of the shadows.

"You will never be the ruler of the mers," I growled at her. "But why not?" Estella mocked.

It was time to trust.

I started to brace myself.

I raised the sword above my head, ready to strike.

Estella's hand shot out, casting a deadly spell.

It was straight at me.

In a quick flash, Hunter swam in front of me. All in the same moment, he raised his steel plate.

The spell struck the plate, but instead of bouncing forward, it burned a hole through to middle, and struck Hunter.

His skin immediately burst into flames, his last movement was taking off his necklace, and sent it skidding across the floor.

I looked in horror. One of my best friends had died right in front of my eyes.

I stood in shock, not moving. As Estella raised her arm to cast another spell, to finish me, a huge roar came from one of the cells.

Crashing through the bars, came a giant green monster. It roared straight at Estella's face.

A merman came dashing out of the cell that the monster had broken out of. He thrust his arms out and huge ivy vines started spreading out of his hands.

They started wrapping around Estella. Once she was completely covered, two other mermen dashed out of the cell. They, too, thrust their arms out. From one, a water current gushed out of his hands. From the other, a fire blast scorched the vines, Estella and all.

A single tear slid out of my eye. Both of joy and sadness.

She was finally gone.

But so was Hunter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS MADE ME SO SAD TO WRITE!!!!!!😭 I'M SO SORRY!! I just think this works.

Almost done though! Only two or three chapters to go.

Question: Who do you think casted/is the monster??

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! (Because I really like it!)