Undiscoveries

So of course Alexa agreed to come. But one problem.

She's afraid of the water.

She said she'll just watch me swim. So I seized my chance there. " If you're afraid is the water, we can just watch the waves together" I said.

So that night we walked along the shore, at a safe distance.

For me this was a blessing. My mom didn't have to ask me why I didn't go into the water. And neither did Alexa.

But one night all of that changed. It was just Alexa and I, walking on the shore. I had my shoes on so the slightly damp sand wouldn't get my feet wet.  "Go on in I don't mind", Alexa said as she noticed me staring at the water. "Oh, no it would make me feel awful", I said making a quick excuse. "Really, I don't mind", she insisted. Just then a huge wave came up and hit us. It was so strong it knocked us both to the ground. Oh no! I thought. Then I transformed. When I looked at Alexa, I never would have guessed what I saw.

She, like me was on the ground with a tail. "You're one too?", she asked me. "Yeah", I responded. She told me she wasn't actually afraid of the water, but she was afraid of someone finding out her secret. We talked for a while then she asked me something I never expected. "Do you want to swim?", I smiled. "I would love to."

Alexa showed me how to swim, I got the hang of it fairly quickly. I was shocked at how fast I could swim. We splashed each other with our fins, swam, talked to the fish, (Yes we can talk to sea creatures) and collected shells.

Then we heard my mom. "Girls, what are y'all doing?"