CHAPTER 16

●○

Randhir 's eyes seemed to be searching for someone and Aryan knew, who exactly the someone was. He was about to say something when a voice stopped him.

"Tum! yaha!"

It was their mother, the one who gave birth to them. Randhir expected his mother to give him a happy smile but alas, he didn't expect her to give him a blank look devoid of any emotions.

Aryan almost feel sorry for his brother. 'Almost'  But his suffering was nothing in front of what sanyukta had to undergo. Imagine the one you love the most turn against you at a crucial point at your life, and you are left with no one. Even after everything he put her through, she asked vidushi to take care of him. She didn't want him to go through the same pain as she once did. 

Randhir immediately touched her foot, as a sign of respect, however she  didn't budge from her position clearly giving away that he is not forgiven for his actions.

Randhir sighed. Well he knew this was coming. But never knew it would be this bad. 'Of course idiot, what did you expect? To be showered with hugs and kisses. Well buddy, I warned you then and you choose to ignore me.' His conscience mocked him. Well he did deserve the cold treatment he was receiving.

His mother, Mrs Renuka Shekawath  was not only a shrewd business women. She had always wanted a daughter and when he married sanyukta, his mother was the happiest. But knowing how her son treated his wife disappointed her. Her heart went out for the innocent girl, she had seen wailing and craving to be with her husband. The day sanyukta arrived with Aryan was the day hell broke loose.

Flashback

□ □

"Aryan kitni baar bolun mey tujhe, don't ring the door bell continously. Kab sudroge tum" Renuka Shekawath scolded her youngest son, soon after opening the door.

Aryan didn't pay attention to her words and gazed where his car stood. She followed her gaze, to see sanyukta standing with her luggage. 

Renuka was overjoyed seeing her daughter in law cum daughter. It's been three years since she saw her kids last. She rushed sanyukta, engulfing her in a big hug.

"Sanyu, bacha. What a pleasant surprise. Acha hua tu aagayi.  Aab tu he sambhal apne es devar ko. " Renuka Shekawath said complaining about her 'choote ladh saheb.'

"Vaise Randhir kaha hey. Vo nahi aaya? Dusrey gaadi mey aa raha hey kya? Mey abhi vusse phone lagati hun. " She said dialing his number. When sanyukta snatched the phone from her, cutting the call instantly.

"Mom,  am sorry. But aap please Randhir ko maath batayega ki mey yaha hun." Sanyukta 's voice cracked as her suppressed tears made their way, Making Renuka suspicious and she asked the question sanyukta dreaded the most.

"What's the matter? Kya kiya hey Randhir ne?"

□ □

Randhir wanted to ask them about sanyukta, he didn't know how to ask though. What will he tell them.. That he had come to take sanyukta back to their house ? Knowing that he was the one who pushed her away. Things were not as simple as it looked like.

"Why are you here? " Questioned Mrs. Shekawath.

"Mom, I am.." He started speaking only to be cut in the middle as his mother showed him her palms, signalling him that she wasn't intrested in listening to his explanation.

"Don't. .just don't!  You are not my son. No son of mine would ever treat a girl like that. The Randhir I knew loved his wife way to much to hurt her. Even a scratch on her skin got him worried. The one standing before me is a Coward!  A coward who enjoyed inflecting pain on his wife who was injured and barely alive "  Mrs Shekawath said,her voice filled with venom.

Randhir winced at her words. Tears clogged his vision, making the image of his mother blurry. It was true and he knew it. The pain he inflected on his love cut him so deep that ,he wished he was dead. Only if he had realised her worth a little earlier ,then they would still be together. . happy as they were until the unfortunate day.

"I know mom. I know I did wrong.I am sorry mom. I am really sorry. .I love her mom. Please vusse bolao na aap. I can't live without her mom. I will die. " Randhir broke down. He sat on his knees begging her to believe him. His guilt was killing him slowly like a slow poison. He wanted nothing more than having her in his arms.

The mother in Mrs. Shekawath cringed at her son's broken demur, She was melting. But her facial expressions didn't change.  She wanted to console him , but then that would be unfair to sanyukta. She couldn't forgive him even if she wanted to, not so easily at least.

Mr. Shekawath who was a silent spectacular, came forward to help his son, suprising his wife and Aryan.

He made him stand, while Randhir looked at his father in awe.

"You look like you haven't slept. Its half past eight now. Go and take a nap in the guest room. We  will talk tomorrow. And just because I am talking to you ,do not think that you are forgiven.I am only doing this for my daughter.I know she wouldn't like if we treat you indifferently." Harsh said in a hard voice , blooming hope inside Randhir.

A smile tugged his lips, as he lay on the bed caressing her photo in his wallet. She was here and so was he. The mere thought made him happy.  He longed to see her beautiful face. Knowing that his wait is just one night away. He slept waiting for the sun to rise.

●○

** SO finally!  I am back. I had been unwell since some days causing the delay. So sorry for keeping you all waiting. Missed you all. I know many of you are waiting for Sandhir  confrontation..Don't worry, next chapter will be full of them and only them. Something is going to happen, i can't tell you what, but i can give you a clue.

■■ A secret will be out ■■

Keep reading. And Keep showering your love.

~ 1069 words.

Next chapter will be up soon. Target - 65+ (PS - You are up for many suprises today) Do vote and comment.**