CHAPTER 17

○●

It was a new day, filled with a new hope for Randhir. He was all ready in his grey t-shirt and blue jeans, just the way she liked. He knew she was not a person to hold grudges and might forgive him as well. Well of course, it is a 'might ' and not 'will' for a reason. He couldn't forget her changed demur afterall, could he?

He walked out of the room hesitantly looking for traces of his wife looking here and there frequently. His mother and brother seemed to be deep in talks to recognise his presence over the breakfast table. While his father was into his world of news with newspaper covering his face.

Randhir cleared his throat to gain their attention and all three of them looked up at once. Mrs Shekawath gave him a stern look and continued eating her breakfast with atmost concentration.

"Khaana tho khud serve kar he saktey ho. Kyonse muhurath ka intezaar kar rahey ho?" Mr Shekawath asked , still immersed in the newspaper.

" Vo..Sanyu..Sanyukta..kaha hey. Vo breakfast nahi karegi sab ke saath? " Randhir stammered.

" Vo so rahi hey abhi. Aur humne vusse tumhare baarey mey kuch nahi bataya hey. So just stay away from my daughter. Pehle se he tabyath kharab hey vuski. Tumhe dekh ke aur kharab na hojaye. " Randhir flinched at his mother's tone. But he couldn't do anything now, he knew he was responsible for their indifferent behaviour towards him and once done can't be reversed. That is a bitter truth of life. You can't erase your past but can try to make a better future.

"But vo tho kabhi etna late tak nahi sooti. She has a habit of waking up late in the morning but not so late.Mey jaake dekhar aata hun vuse ek baar.." He started only to be stopped by three shrill voices chipping a 'NO'

He tried to argue, but they didn't budge. He was worried for her, as they kept repeating that she was unwell and needed proper rest. He sighed and had his breakfast avoiding eye contact with anyone.

They can't keep him away from his wife forever, could they? They told him to stay away from his Sanyu, but that doesn't mean he would listen right! Afterall they had been apart from nine months already. Three months because of his negligence and ignorance and six months since her disappearance.

It was one at the afternoon but there was no sign of Sanyukta. He had seen his mother going to their room with a tray of food who in turn glared at him and Aryan, making them sigh. Of course how could she forget what Aryan had uttered in his worried state. She knew that he cared for his sister in law , but his words did hurt sanyukta and had a deep impact on her.

Sanyukta was yet to know of Randhir's presence. And when she does, they can't imagine the senerio. They knew, they had to come face to face one day and it won't be long before she knows.

"Mom, what's wrong? Aap etni tensed kyun lag rahi hey..?" Sanyukta questioned gobbling her favorite breakfast. Yes she was no longer angry and was back to her normal chirpy mood. All thanks to her mother in law and father in law's who doesn't leave a chance to pamper their princess.

"Kuch nahi beta. Bus ek sawaal pareshaan kar raha hey mujhe." Renuka Shekawath said lost in her train of thoughts.

"Kyonsa sawal mom? " Sanyukta asked confused at her change of tone. She has been noticing her mom from morning. It seemed like she is avoiding any form of eye contact, as if she was hiding something from her.

"What would you do , if randhir comes back and finds you? Would you accept him ? " Renuka asked, this time looking her in the eye.

"Why this question ,all of a sudden? Kuch hua hey kya mom?" Sanyukta questioned caressing her mother in law's palms while searching for something in her eyes.

"Tu bus mere sawaal ka jawab de. Agar Randhir ne tujhe dhund liya tho tu kya karegi. Would you accept him? could you forgive him ever in this lifetime?" She asked worried for both her kids. Even though one of her child committed a mistake, well not a mistake but a sin. She knew both her children can't live without each other. Sanyukta might pretend to be all strong and happy. She might say she didn't need anyone. But was it true? Was she really happy staying away from her love , her husband, her Rannu? "

"No , I wouldn't accept him back. I know mom you are worried for me. But I really don't know what I would do if he actually finds me. I am not ready to accept him back right away. I don't know if I can ever forgive him in future, it's not in me to forgive him so easily mom. Vusne jo kiya shayad mey bhul jaun par vuski baate, vo kaise bhul jaun mom. His words still echo in my ears , taunting me every now and then. I hold no place in his life mom and I realised this when he said that he could survive without me, that he didn't need me. I always thought we were perfect and nothing could make us apart. But I was wrong mom, mey bahut rooyi , bahut tadpi vuske liye but vo nahi aaya mom. I needed him the most then, hospital mey zakhmi padi thi , even I lost our baby but he wasn't there to console me mom. I still didn't give up.I kept consoling myself that he can't see me in that state, that he was hurt to see me hurt. But that's not the case mom. He never cared mom. Am a murderer to him mom. Vusne mujhe apni he beti ka murderer bana diya. Three months mom, we lived under the same roof but it was just me trying to hold on to our relationship. It was over from his side the day I fell from the stairs.. His love died right away mom..I.."Sanyukta was sniffing now while Renuka pulled her in a hug and the mother and daughter duo continued to shed tears.

Renuka wiped her daughter's eyes and looked at her with determination. Sanyukta noticed her look and scrunched her eye brows in confusion.

"I need a confession to make Sanyu. " her mother in law said gathering some courage.

"You can tell me anything mom. I trust you." Sanyukta gave a faint smile signalling her to continue.

"Randhir is here."

And all hell broke loose.

○●

** Tada. . Sanyukta knows Randhir is here now. And they are yet to come face to face. Sandhir face off soon. Will give updates every six days in a week the whole april. keep reading to know more. The story will probably end by April end. Do vote and comment. Target ~ 70+ Next chapter tomorrow if the response is good. Hope you missed me, Cuz I missed you guys and this story a lot. Words ~ 1167. A lot of drama ahead.Stay tuned readers. Much love ♡ - Mona **