Epilogue

When Thorne and Fenrir found Katia's dead body, they brought it to SHIELD. Everyone saw the gaping hole in her chest and figured she'd ripped her own heart out to stop the pain.

Lilith was able to go to Kat's funeral and she didn't speak, she merely stood there and waited for the service to be over. Then she went to Sebastian.

"She did it. You won't have a new demon army for a long time if she truly closed the Gates of Death. However, I believe the Fates have something intended for us," she reported.

Sebastian smirked cruelly.

"Demons are no longer needed, Lilith. Humans have aligned themselves to me so they will survive. And the majority of the world is under my command."

Lilith smirked alongside him.

"Thankfully, there are not many of those pesky Shadowhunters left. So the demons that still live on Earth are being controlled by you, my dear," she whispered.

Sebastian nodded. "The Downworlders, many mundanes, and those so called 'superheroes' are in hiding, but I will find them," he vowed.

Lilith's lips curled in a smile.

"Yesss," she hissed.

-/-----/-

The superheroes watched the tv screen on the Helicarrier in horror.

In New York, the Institute was hidden from any other person not hiding in it, but mundanes were being slaughtered in front of it. Seven hundred males, not teens or children or women, were being whipped a hundred times, then shot.

It was clear that some of the mundane males were at least half Downworlder, but since it was quite obvious that Sebastian did not care, they were killed on his authority and demons were eating their carcasses.

"Hello, my friends and family. I have gotten word that the last person to challenge my rule has been killed. Her name? Katia Bane, who was burned and taken to the City of Bones.

"I will allow all to live, except these poor souls, if you bow to me."

As all the humans kneeled to him in every place except the superheroes, the agents, and the mutants and what was left of the underground resistance, he chuckled menacingly.

"Where are your Avengers now?"

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE LOVER OF LOKI...