Why Do You Trust Me?

My headache worsened and I dropped the screwdriver. I had dropped to the floor and looked up at Toriel. Her eyes were wide and her hands covered a spot where apparently I almost stabbed her.

I was so confused. "I... I-"

"I just wanted to get you a drink of water, Frisk..." she said softly. "Sans, are you sure she's alright?"

I turned my head toward him. Expecting to see his comforting smile, I was shocked at the anger that was fuming from his eye.

"You almost stabbed Toriel with a screwdriver, Frisk! Are you kidding? What has gotten into you?!" he shouted, using his magic to drag Toriel behind him.

Aww, you made him mad at you. Oh well. That's just perfect, actually. This will be fun!

"Get out of my head! Stop torturing me!" I called for help, grasping my head.

Hehehehee! Call all you want! No one is going to get near you now! This is perfect!

"Damn it... Goddamn it! Please! Anyone! H-Help!"

The the headache, that felt like hammers smashing my head and my soul itself, slowly faded. I felt myself fall to the floor.

"T-Toriel... I'm so sorry... It- It's not me..." I whispered. "A-Alphys... S-Sans..."

I heard footsteps behind me. "F-Frisk. I-if something like t-this happens a-a-again, I'll have to k-keep you in my l-lab for tests..."

I nodded. I felt my limp body being lifted up. I looked over and saw Sans, his hand and his eye glowing blue and surrounded me in a blue mist. He dragged me over toward him. He hugged me and held on.

"Frisk... I don't know what to do..." he whispered. "I don't know what it is or how to stop it, but I promise, I'll protect you in any way I can."

~~~(Time Skip: 2 Days Later)~~~

"Hey, Frisk. Do you need anything?" Sans asked, peeking into his room where I was staying.

I shook my head and buried myself deeper into his blanket. "No, thanks."

"You should socialize," Sans walked in and shut the door behind him. "You can't stay in bed all day again. At least say hello to Pap. He's really worried about you too."

"Why would anyone be worried about a monster like me...?" I asked, turning away from him.

Sans sighed. "Because we love you. I love you. We've been through hell together and I am not going to abandon you now."

I looked at him and nodded a thanks. "Why do you trust me? Why do you want me to go out?"

Sans sat on the edge of his bed and pulled the blanket off of me. "I trust you because I know that something is wrong, that it's not you. I want you to socialize because you need it. It isn't healthy to be anti-social after being social for your entire life."

"I'm great at being quiet."

"Heh, that's because we do a lot of the talking when we are all together."

I let out a laugh and pulled the blanket back over me. Sans chuckled. "Papyrus isn't home at the moment so if you want to be alone, you can. I'm going to Grillby's."

He stood up and started toward the door.

"... Sans, wait."

"Hmm? What?"

"Could you... Stay with me...? For a little bit...?" I asked, peeking over the blanket.

His smile grew wider as he walked back over to the bed and crawled on top of me. We smiled as he placed his teeth on my lips, kissing me lightly. He slowly dragged his fingers around my neck, making me shiver. He pulled my hair away from my eyes and stared into them.

"Sans...?"

"Yeah?"

"What... What if I kill someone...?"

"Heh, that won't happen. I have a job in this world that you don't have to know about. Just relax, Frisk. Relax," he said, placing his teeth on my neck. "Trust me."

I smiled as he rolled off and lay next to me, cuddling me into his shape. He pulled the blanket over top of us and fell into a deep sleep.