One

Sam was pathetic, he knew that. He spent most of his time on the couch, he didn't really talk to anyone but Dean, and he didn't remember the last time he'd been outside.

"Dude, you need to get outside. You've been here for weeks," Dean said one morning. Sam looked up at him.

"I know, I just... I really thought she might be the one, Dean," he said. Dean shook his head.

"Look, Sammy, I understand that break-ups are hard. But you need to get back in the game! Which is why you have a date on the way and they'll be here any minute so you might want to change." Dean said the last part really fast. Sam whipped his head around.

"What?" He asked incredulously. Dean shrugged.

"Sorry. But they really will be here any second, so..." Dean trailed off. Sam sighed and stood up. He could take a hint.

***

When Sam heard the knock at the door, he just looked at Dean. Dean rolled his eyes and flung the door open. Sam was shocked when he saw a short, golden haired... man?

"Sam, Gabe, Gabe, Sam, great, now that you've been introduced, why don't you two take off," Dean said, pushing Sam out the door and closing it behind him. Sam glared at the closed door.

"Somebody call Canada, there's a loose moose here," Gabe joked. Sam shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry about my brother, he's a bit sick of me," Sam said. Gabe waved his hand dismissively.

"Hey, it got me a date with you, didn't it hotcakes? I wish he'd gotten sick of you sooner," Gabe said. Sam wrinkled his brow.

"I... I guess?" He said. Gabe grinned.

"Let's get this show on the road! My car is just downstairs!" He said. He took off for the staircase and Sam followed somewhat reluctantly.

Gabriel was... extremely enthusiastic. He seemed to pick up on Sam's mopey-ness and seemingly made it his job to cheer Sam up.

"So Samsquatch, were you born this hot or did it come on over time?" Gabriel asked in the car as he was driving. Sam gave him a look. "Of course I was born this fantastically hot," Gabriel added. Sam shook his head and smiled a bit.

"Ah ha!" Gabriel exclaimed, making Sam jump.

"What?" Sam asked.

"I knew I could get you to smile," Gabriel said. Sam looked back out the window and smiled again as they pulled into a coffee shop parking lot. Sam had the feeling that this date was going to be one for the history books.