Three

Sam waved to Dean and Cas when he came in the door and Dean jumped up.

"How was it?" He asked. Sam smiled.

"I... I liked him," he said. Cas stood up, grinning.

"I knew you would!" He exclaimed. Dean took Cas' hand and grinned at Sam.

"So you're going to leave the house more?" Dean asked. Sam chuckled.

"Maybe. He's pretty cute," he said. Cas smiled.

"I knew it! In the words of Charlie, I ship it," Cas said. Dean chuckled.

"So when's the next date?" Dean asked. Sam shrugged.

"I don't know. He gave me his number, we didn't make plans," Sam said. "Now I am going to my room, you two have fun, and please keep it quiet." Dean winked and Sam rolled his eyes.

***

Almost a week later, the good mood from Sam's date had worn off, leaving him mopey again, when there was a knock at the door. He stood up from his usual place on the couch, and when he opened the door, he was surprised to find Gabriel.

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked.

"I'm here to take you out for ice cream," Gabriel said. Sam just stared at him.

"Ice cream?" He echoed.

"Yeah. You know, the delectable frozen treat? C'mon, let's go," Gabe said.

"I'm not really dressed for a date," Sam said.

"If someone showed up at my house unannounced I wouldn't be dressed at all, you're fine," Gabe said, pulling Sam through the door.

"Fine," Sam said. Gabe grinned and hurried Sam down to the car.

"This is going to be great. Ice cream with my moose," Gabriel said, settling into the car. Sam looked at him.

"Your moose?" He asked. Gabriel grinned as he pulled onto the road.

"That's the hope," he said. Sam smiled.

"Gabriel, you are like no one else I have ever met," Sam said. Gabe grinned.

"Well that's what I was going for," he said. They chatted a bit more on the way until they pulled into the parking lot of an ice cream place.

"Let's go, Samsquatch!" Gabe exclaimed, jumping out of the car. Sam followed, smiling at how excited Gabe was.

When Sam told Gabe at the counter that he wasn't much of an ice cream person, Gabe proceeded to order two cones of moose tracks anyway.

"It's good," Gabe said. Sam just shook his head, smiling. Gabe demolished his in almost no time at all, leaving Sam staring at him, with a still mostly full cone. Sam almost laughed out loud at the look on Gabe's face when he looked at Sam's ice cream.

"So remind me, are you on a date with me, or my ice cream?" Sam asked. Gabe smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry. I'm a bit of a sugar addict," he said. Sam smiled and held his ice cream out to Gabe.

"You can have it," he said. Gabriel snatched the ice cream from Sam's hand and started eating it. Sam chuckled.

"You are a fiend," he said. Gabe just shrugged.

"Well how else am I going to charm you? By being nice?" Gabe asked. Sam chuckled again.

"So you want to charm me?" He asked. Gabe blushed slightly.

"What, you mean you haven't noticed my massive crush on you?" He joked. Sam just smiled.

After Gabe had finished Sam's ice cream, they walked outside and Gabe turned to face Sam.

"So did it work?" Gabe asked. Sam gave him a puzzled look.

"Did what work?" He asked.

"The date. Did I cheer you up?" Gabe asked. Sam smiled.

"I think just being within a mile of you cheers me up," Sam said. Gabe looked at him for a long moment before grabbing Sam's collar, standing on his tiptoes, and giving Sam a quick kiss before letting him go, a blush creeping across his cheeks. Sam stared at him.

"Sorry Samsquatch. I-" Sam leaned down and kissed Gabe, stifling his words. When they broke apart Gabe grinned.

"I should take you back," he said almost absentmindedly. Sam nodded and they walked to the car, Sam smiling almost as big as Gabe. Maybe everything was going to be okay.