Two

Gabriel was loving this date. He needed to remember to thank Cas next time he saw him. Sam was obviously reluctant, but Gabe was still falling head over heels for him.

"I feel like you are going to explode right in front of me, there is so much sugar in that," Sam said as he sat across from Gabriel, who was holding his usual coffee, which he supposed might be considered sugary.

"What can I say, my moose, I live life to the fullest," Gabriel said, winking and taking a sip.

"Why do you call me moose?" Sam asked.

"Because you're freakishly tall and you looked like a startled moose when I first saw you," Gabriel said. Sam shifted in his seat.

"I mean I wouldn't say freakishly tall," he mumbled. Gabriel looked up at him, instantly realizing something was wrong.

"What's wrong with the word freakish?" Gabriel asked. Sam stared at the table.

"Can we just... talk about something else?" Sam asked. Gabriel nodded, still watching Sam. It hurt to think about the fact that the beautiful man across from Gabe might've been called a freak.

"Ok. So... were you born that hot? Wait, I already said that. Dang it," Gabriel said, trying to cheer Sam up. Sam chuckled and Gabriel's head snapped up. "Ha! I'm winning!" He exclaimed. Sam looked at him, confused.

"Were we competing?" Sam asked.

"I mean I guess no, but I've been trying to cheer you up, you mopey moose," Gabriel told him. Sam smiled.

"Well I'll admit that I've never been on a date where the person was this determined to do anything," Sam said.

"Well then you've been going out with the wrong guys, my friend," Gabriel said.

"Well considering this is my first date with a guy I'd say you're right," Sam said. Gabriel paused. First... date with a guy? If Cas had set Gabriel up with a straight guy, he was going to get a lunch in the face.

"Really? Oh. Well I feel special. I guess I get to set the bar for all other men who meet the moose," Gabriel said, trying to brush it off. Sam smiled.

"Well you are totally unlike anyone I have ever met before. I like you, Gabriel," Sam said, raising his own coffee. Gabriel's heart jumped and he cursed himself. What was this, high school?

"Well you aren't too bad yourself, samsquatch," Gabriel said. Sam let out a half laugh at the nickname and Gabriel grinned.

"Do that much more I'm going to have to come up with a nickname for you," Sam said.

"How about master?" Gabe said, wiggling his eyebrows. Sam choked on the sip of coffee he'd just taken and started coughing.

"How about not that," he said when he'd gotten himself under control. Gabe shrugged.

"Whatever you say, moose. It's time to go anyway," Gabe said, standing up. Sam stood up too.

"We're going somewhere?" Sam asked. Gabriel grinned at him.

"Yes. We are going to a horror movie," he said. Sam shrugged and followed Gabe out to his car.

"Ok. Great first date material," Sam commented, sounding skeptical. Gabe grinned.

"You bet it is," he said.

***

"No one hears about this," Gabe grumbled as they walked out of the theater.

"No one hears about the fact that you got scared and literally jumped into my lap. Got it," Sam said, grinning. Gabe shot him a glare.

"I'm not kidding," he said. Sam just patted Gabe on the back.

"Ok, ok, it stays between us. Although I'm pretty sure the whole block heard your screaming," Sam said. Gabe was grumpy the whole car ride, but as Sam waved goodbye outside his place with a giant grin, Gabe thought maybe his getting scared wasn't such a bad thing after all.