Sixteen

Gabriel whistled as he walked up to Sam's apartment. He was really thinking that this was working. Sam was starting to be comfortable again, and Gabe was thrilled. Gabriel loved Sam, but it was still hard to just hold hands. Gabriel wanted to know Sam inside and out, he wanted to know Sam better than Sam knew himself. Gabriel shook his head as he reached Sam's door, clearing the thoughts out of his head. He knocked on the door.

"Samsquatch! It's me!" He called through the door. The door opened and Sam stepped out.

"Hey Gabriel. You ready to go?" Sam asked.

"I was born ready," Gabriel said. Sam took his hand and they started walking down the hall.

"You know, it's not that far to Dean's apartment. We could walk," Sam said. Gabriel looked at him.

"Can I ride on your shoulders?" He asked.

"No."

"Piggyback?"

"No."

"C'mon, Samsquatch, my legs aren't as long as yours! It takes more work from me," Gabriel complained.

"Well then bring roller skates and hold on, we have places to be!" Sam said with a small smile. Gabriel stopped walking suddenly and grinned at Sam.

"Oh no."

***

"Why do I associate with you?" Sam asked as they left the store, Gabriel holding a brand new pair of roller skates.

"Because you love me. Now wait up while I put these on," Gabe said, sitting down on a bench. Sam shook his head as Gabriel started putting on the skates. When he was done, he stood up slowly. Sam took his hand again.

"You are the most ridiculous person I have ever met," Sam said. Gabriel grinned.

"You flatter me. Now let's go!" Gabriel exclaimed. Sam rolled his eyes and started walking, pulling Gabe along behind him. Gabriel let out a small laugh and tightened his grip on Sam's hand.

"This is fun," he said.

"Don't get used to it, short stack," Sam said. Gabriel looked up in shock.

"You called me short stack! It's happening!" Gabe exclaimed.

"Don't get used to that either," Sam said. They continued going, and Gabriel thought it went very well. He only fell sixteen times!