Nine

"Knock knock, Samsquatch!"

Sam smiled and opened the door to let Gabriel in. Gabriel held up a bag of candy.

"Happy housewarming!" He exclaimed. Sam chuckled and stood aside as Gabriel walked in.

"Are you ever going to bring me a gift that's actually meant for me?" He asked. Gabriel looked up at the ceiling as if considering his options, then looked back down at Sam.

"Nope! This is more fun. So how has moving been?" Gabriel asked. Sam had gotten his own apartment shortly after Gabe had told Sam he loved him.

"It's... moving. Thanks for getting me the job at the coffee shop, by the way," Sam said, sitting down on the couch. Gabe sat down too.

"Of course. You don't strike me as a guy who would enjoy that kind of work, though," Gabe observed.

"Well that's what I get for dropping out of law school," Sam said, rubbing his face with his hands.

"Maybe you'll go back," Gabe said.

"Maybe. But in the mean time... I don't know what I'm doing in the mean time," Sam said.

"Well if anyone can find their purpose in life, it's you," Gabriel said.

"Well what's your purpose in life?" Sam asked. Gabriel didn't meet Sam's eyes for a second of silence.

"Uh... cheering people up," he said eventually. Sam tilted his head a bit at the reluctance in Gabriel's voice, but decided not to say anything about it.

"And yet every time you bring a gift it's always for you," Sam said, smiling. Gabriel shrugged.

"What can I say, I'm a sucker for candy," he said, wiggling his eyebrows at the pun. Sam let out a chuckle.

"Wow. So did you come here for anything other than to eat candy and make bad jokes?" Sam asked.

"I just wanted to hang out. I didn't really have any plans," Gabe said.

"Well I've got some popcorn and a tv if you want to stay," Sam said. Gabe grinned.

"Yeah, let's do that," he said. Sam stood up.

"Well then pick a movie, I'll get the popcorn," Sam said. Gabe grinned.

"Sounds like a plan, Samsquatch."

(Sorry for such a crap chapter, I didn't have a lot of inspiration. But I'm hoping it'll get back to being good soon. I love you guys!)