Twenty

Gabriel smiled as he went up to Sam's apartment. It had been several days since the museum and he and Sam were happy. Sam was getting over Madison, and things were working out. Gabriel gave a soft knock on the door.

"Samsquatch, it's me! If you have any ice cream put it out to thaw now!" He called before opening the door. When he walked in, the first thing he noticed was that Sam wasn't alone.

"Hey. Who's this?" Gabe asked, gesturing to the man standing next to Sam.

"Hey Gabe. This... this is my dad, John Winchester," Sam said, looking nervous. Gabriel stretched out a hand to John.

"Oh. Hello, sir," he said. John shook Gabriel's hand somewhat reluctantly.

"Samsquatch?" John asked.

"I really like nicknames," Gabriel said, walking over to Sam's side. He tried to take Sam's hand, but Sam pulled away. John noticed.

"Are you two... dating?" He asked. Gabriel saw Sam look from his face to John's, and then he realized something. Sam wasn't just nervous. He was scared.

"We are. Is there a problem with that?" Gabriel asked.

"Sam?" John questioned.

"Yeah. W-We're dating," Sam said. Gabriel smiled and John nodded.

"I see. I didn't raise you to be a faggot, Sam. First your brother, now you? I'm disappointed," John said. Gabriel stiffened.

"What gives you the right to talk to him like that?" Gabriel asked.

"Gabe, don't," Sam warned.

"No, I want to know," Gabriel said.

"I'm his father," John said.

"And that gives you the right to talk to him like that?" Gabriel asked.

"Gabriel, please," Sam begged.

"No, Sam, this isn't right," Gabriel said.

"I'd hoped for better from my sons. Don't bother trying to talk to me, Sam," John said. And with that he turned and walked out of the apartment. Sam sat down heavily on the couch.

"Are you okay?" Gabriel asked, sitting next to him. Sam just blinked away tears. Gabriel put his arm around Sam and Sam just crumbled into Gabe's arms.