Nineteen

A week later, Sam was sitting on the floor playing with Moose and thinking about Madison when Gabriel came in.

"Hey Samsquatch," he said. Sam smiled up at him.

"I'm still waiting for the day that you make me regret giving you a key," Sam said.

"Have more faith in your boyfriend," Gabriel teased. Sam looked down at Moose. Seeing Madison had really had an impact on him.

"Are you okay?" Gabriel asked.

"I'm fine. I just have to get Madison out of my head," Sam said, standing up.

"Hey, you wanted to see that exhibition at the museum, right?" Gabriel asked.

"Yeah. But you wouldn't like it, I don't think looking at ancient Egyptian artifacts is really your scene," Sam said, smiling at his beautiful golden-haired boyfriend.

"Nonsense. Let's go, it'll be fun," Gabriel said.

"Okay, but I'm warning you, you aren't going to like it," Sam said. Gabriel just grabbed Sam's hand and pulled him out the door.

Sam could practically see Gabe's eyes glazing over, and they were barely inside.

"Gabe, if you don't want to do this we don't have to," he said.

"Absolutely not. I saw how excited you were on the way over here, you aren't bailing because of me," Gabe told him. Sam smiled.

"Have I mentioned I love you?" Sam asked.

"Only a couple hundred times," Gabe answered, winking. "And it never gets old." Sam smiled as they walked into the exhibit, holding hands.

***

"You are monumentally bored, I can tell. Let's go," Sam said halfway through the exhibit.

"No way. I'll tell you what, I'll go on outside, you take your time and have fun," Gabriel said.

"If you're sure..." Sam said.

"I am. I'll see you soon," Gabriel said, smiling and walking away.

Sam enjoyed himself, but he was still eager to see Gabriel when he got to the end.

"Gabriel?" He called softly. No one answered. Sam looked around and eventually spotted Gabe. He was asleep on a bench right outside the museum. Sam walked over to him, smiling.

"Gabriel," he said softly. Gabriel made a soft noise and started to roll over, but his eyes snapped open as he fell off the bench.

"Ack!" He exclaimed, sitting up. Sam laughed.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Gabriel stood up.

"I'm good. Did you have fun?" Gabriel asked. Sam nodded.

"Yeah, but I missed you," he said. Gabe grinned.

"Well here I am. Now let's go see what Moose has been up to while we were gone," Gabriel said. Sam took Gabe's hand and they started walking towards the car.

"She's probably broken something," Sam said.

"Yeah, probably. But you feel better, right?" Gabe asked.

"Yeah, I do. Thanks, Gabe, this really helped," Sam said.

"I try. Do you think we could have some ice cream back at your place?" Gabriel asked.

"Gabriel Novak, you are so predictable."

(I'm really sorry I made you guys wait so long for what's probably the crappiest chapter I've ever written. I'll try to make it up to you, I promise.)