Epilogue

As things got back to normal, Sam started keeping candy everywhere at his apartment for when Gabe came over, but he always had to hide it from the natural disaster that was Moose. Moose herself seemed very happy, though.

When Dean and Cas got engaged, Sam couldn't be happier for them, although Gabe took everything a bit overboard. Sam had to talk him down from the roof of a food truck when Dean told Gabe he couldn't wear a bridesmaids dress.

Sam didn't expect to ever talk to his dad again, but barely a year passed before John showed up drunk and begging Sam to forgive him. Gabe didn't want to, but Sam did. Their relationship would never be perfect, but now it was better.

Madison ended up being a vet, and Sam eventually forgave her too, and Gabe... Gabe claimed to know nothing about the crazy man with the imaginary dog that kept showing up at Madison's clinic, but Sam didn't believe him for a second.

Sam was starting to be happy. His confrontation with his father had sent him back to the start, but with Gabriel's help, he was becoming more and more comfortable with himself. He was never going to be perfect, but as long as Gabe was around, Sam didn't care anymore. And that was all he could ask for.