17 | Soon To Be Mrs. Hell

Asher scans every inch of my face as if trying to memorise every single one of my features. A moment later he kneels with one knee and gets a small black box out of his back pocket. I gasp as he opens it, revealing a diamond ring. It doesn't look like a normal one and like everything else in the land of the Gold Blooded, it looks magical and extravagant. Purple, red and blue reflect from it even though there is no sun and logically, no real reason why these colours are being reflected. But they are and it's beautiful.

Asher grins at me. "Scarlett Clair, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?"

"Do I even need to answer you?" I'm crying now and I'm happier than I've ever been in this one moment. Without any hesitation and jump up, and smashing lips into his.

I've never kissed anyone before and the only and first time kissing was with Asher. He responds immediately, putting one hand on my waist and the other on the back of my head.

I play with his hair and tug gently. Asher tries to pull away from me but I don't let him, holding him in place with his hair. I hear him hum with his lips on mine and I let him pull away. Not because I want to but because I need air.

"Wait, one minuet." Asher is out of breath too. "I need to do something." He takes the ring out of the box and tosses it behind him, (the box that is – not the ring.) With the ring he slides it on my left ring finger and kisses the ginormous stone before kissing my hand. "Perfect."
He whispers.

And without another word he goes back to kissing me.

***

"Eeek, Maria we have to take a picture!"

SNAP.

"Already done."

"They're just sooo cute!"

I wake up hearing to exited voices whispering to each other. My pillow feels oddly hard today and it is then that I remember the events that happened yesterday. More specifically what happened in this very bed with Asher.

After my reveal to Asher we spent most of the night on a well deserved make out session. We hadn't gone past French kissing but it felt so personal all the same.  

I run my hand on my pillow even though I am past realisation that this Asher's hairless chest. I wonder if he shaves...

I shake my head and giggle softly. Then I hear other people giggling with me leading me to remember the reason why
I woke up.

I sit straight up, Asher's hand falling off my waist in the process, and playfully glare at the two women standing in my bedroom. But I can't really be angry or even agitated, I'm too high up on my happy cloud.

Maria is holding a camera in her right hand, shaking a Polaroid picture in the other. Thea is currently clapping like a demented seal, jumping up and down while squealing 'ohmygodohmygod' over and over again.

I hear a groan and look back at the handsome boy laying on my bed. "What's going on...?"

He rubs the sleep out of his eyes before seeing me and then his eyes are wide. He grabs my hand with the ring on and expects it stroking the ring softly as if last night was a dream. As soon as he is sure it is real, he lets out a sigh and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!"

"YAAAASSSSS! PRAISE THE FATE! HAYDEN GET YOUR ANCIENT BUTT OVER HERE, YOU OWE ME TEN SIAMONDS!"

Asher groans and says; "You and dad bet on us?"

At the same time as I say; "What are siamonds?"

Asher narrows his eyes at his mother before turning to me. His green eyes soften. "Siamonds are the type of money we use. You won't have heard of it on earth but everyone uses it here." Asher says.

I nod. At least that isn't as strange as half the other things I've heard...

"But, Maria..."

"Don't Maria me, I won fair and square."

Hayden hands Maria ten see through looking circular things. Siamonds. They shine brightly and I notice how it turns green for a short while when coming in contact with skin.

"It reacts to warmth, thus it changing colour." Asher explains.

"Come on, come on! Get out of bed you two, we have an engagement party to plan."

Me and Asher look at each other and groan.

***

It is clear both of us we're excited to get married despite our early age. We just didn't want to listen to Maria and Thea's arguing regarding it.

"Well, I think it should be yellow."

"But yellow holds no real meaning! At least red would signalise something—"

"Reds a too dark and gloomy colour for a wedding, it has to be something bright and full of life." Thea argues.

Whilst Maria wanted red to be a key colour in the wedding because of the whole Hell thing, Thea thought a lighter colour suited a wedding.

"You do realise the traditional Hell wedding dress is black, right?"

"Over my dead body!" Thea squeaks.

I try to stop myself from laughing. It is rather amusing how Thea is more bothered about how I look on my wedding day than me.

"Guys!" All heads turn to face Hayden. "How about you let Scarlett and Asher despise how they want their wedding!"

"Fate no!"

"If it was up to Scarlett, she would be wearing jeans and a t-shirt!" Thea exclaimed.

She has a point though.

"Okay, how about this, red will not be the weddings colour theme, but it will be the engagement party's theme – as long as Scarlett and Asher agree." We all nod our heads at Hayden. "And the wedding theme will not be a 'dark and gloomy' colour as you put it, Thea. Good?"

Me and Asher nod as Maria mutters a 'fine.

"And the wedding dress shall not be black!"

"Okay, okay..." mumbles a cast fallen Maria.

Me and Asher nod again. All we seem to be doing is nodding. Asher isn't even really paying attention to what's going on and is looking off into space. I know I should be worried, but I'm not. Asher doesn't care about the wedding, he cares about the being married to me part. I squeeze his hand and he looks up to give me a kiss on the cheek.

An hour ago I was worried that Asher only asked me to marry him because he needed a wife and I was the easy and available option. But then I remembered the way he looked at me last night and I see the way he's looking at me now, and I just know that Asher wouldn't want anyone else to marry him except from me.

We haven't said the 'I love you('s)' yet, but it isn't because it isn't true – not on my part at least.

FACT: I was listening to Zayn, Taylor Swift - I Don't Want To Live Forever while I was writing the end of the last chapter.