Chapter 1: Meeting Asher

Chapter 1

I whizzed around to see a guy walking up the driveway. He had jet black hair that was spiky in the front. He wore a polo shirt that made his toned muscles show and wore a pair of Khaki pants. Overall, he looked really hot, but he also looked familiar.

As of right now, he had a smirk on his face but it kind of looked like a half smile. And to my surprise, I smiled back at him.

"Oh, um sorry" I said nervously.

"It's fine. My mom's car is getting fixed but she's inside" he answered back.

"Oh ok" I said unsure of how to answer.

Thank God I didn't have to though because at that moment my mom got out of the car and sauntered over to us with a smile plastered on her face.

"Hey, you've gotten so big. I haven't seen you since you were little!" she exclaimed as she pulled the guy in for a hug.

"Linda?" he asked. "Oh hey."

"Sweetie," my mom said to me. "This is Asher. Asher, this is my daughter Riley."

"Hey... Riley," Asher said with a big warm smile on his face.

Hi, Asher.." I answered back.

"You can come in," he said turning to my mom. "My mom's inside."

"Oh, great. Can I have that letter I gave you Riley?" My mom asked.

"Oh, um, yeah, sure. Here. " I said handing her the envelope.

"Thank you" she said as she walked up the pathway and into the house leaving me and Asher outside.

A fresh breeze carressed me as I shivered. I was only in shorts, a tank, and sandals.

"Let's go inside. You look cold" Asher said to me.

"Yeah, that'd be nice" I said.

He chuckled as we walked up the pathway and into the house.

Inside looked like any regular house. Stairs, kitchen, living room, a second floor with bedrooms and a door that led down to the basement. We walked over to where our moms were in the living room. My mom had already sat down, making herself comfortable and was discussing about the show they were watching. I think it was called The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I'm not sure. All I know is that it was a dumb reality show and the girls just constantly caused drama which people seemed to find entertaining. To me, I found watching a turtle accomplish a 5 mile race even more interesting.

Asher's mom sat on the couch with her leg propped up. She had a cast on her leg. My mind started to wander at all the possibilities as to how she could've gotten hurt. Was she in an accident? Did she fall?

But then a voice and a tugging on my arm snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Asher, his hand gripped onto my arm.

"What're you doing?" I asked a bit too harshly.

"Come here" he said.

He led me up the stairs and down the hallway all the way down to the last room on the left. He opened the door and suddenly my view was filled with blue walls and sports posters. I was in his room. It seemed too clean for a boy's room though. His clothes were all neatly put away in the closet and draws. His bed was made and his floor was clean.

Suddenly I caught a whiff of something. I looked around only to see Asher spraying Axe on him.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Why are you applying Axe?"

"Because there is a hot lady in my room and I don't want to smell" he answered as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I rolled my eyes. I knew I was hot, I heard it all the time in school from guys. Sure I wasn't blond or popular but I recieved a fair amount of attention from guys. Thats how most fights started. Girls would get jealous or be mad that their crushes or boyfriends liked me and would try to pick a fight. I, however, always won.

I think that's why the guys did it though. They probably loved seeing girls fight. Especially when one of them stood no chance. But now that I think of it, my bitchy attidude probably made them dig me hard. I wasn't playing hard to get. I was trying not to get played. I knew guys and what they were capable of.

"What?" he asked. "Just stating the truth."

"Don't call me hot" I gritted through my teeth. I hated being called hot. I wasn't a damn temperature plus it made me feel like a slut. And even though I could be a bitch, I preferred being called beautiful.

"Sorry" he said as he tried concentrating his view on the floor.

There was an awkward silence and then my phone rang.

I didn't even bother to look at the caller ID before picking it up.

"Hey, Riley" Travis' voice said.

"Travis, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing really. I just walked by your house and you weren't home so I walked next door and you weren't there either. I was getting worried and so was Eliza" he said referring to my neighbor. "She said she was looking for you too. She wanted you to babysit Drew for her while she went out."

"Oh, well can you tell her that I can. Or at least I hope I can. I'm doing an errand thingy with my mom now but hopefully I'll be back soon. K?"

"Sure, no prob" Travis answered.

"Thanks Travie" I said using my nickname for him.

"No problem Riles" he said using his weird nickname for me. Or at least I thought it was weird.

"Oh & are you going to the party tomorrow?" he asked me.

"Erm, if I can handle my mom then yes. And if I can't then, well, yes." I answered him.

"That's my bad Riley. Ok well I have to go now but hurry home" he said.

"Bye, bro" I said and with that he hung up.

"Who's Travis?" Asher asked as I suddenly became aware of him in the room.

"Um, my best friend. Why?" I asked him.

"Just wondering." he said.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "So?" I asked.

"So... you want to watch a movie?" he asked me.

"A movie? Seriously? Asher, I'm staying here for like 5 more minutes. Hopefully less. I don't have time to watch a movie" I said.

A frown appeared on his face. "Why do you want to leave?"

"I- uh" his cute little puppy dog face was getting to me. I mentally slapped myself. "Because Ihave thing to do."

"Oh," he said looking a little hurt.

"Can I bring you somewhere?" he asked.

"Um..." I asked not sure what to say. I wanted to go because he was really cute plus I had nothing to do and wanted to get out of here but at the same time, for some reason, I didn't trust him. It wasn't because I'd just met him. But because of something else I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"Please!" he begged getting down on his knees.

"Fine!" I screamed throwing my hands up in the air. "But we can't take too long."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's a chapter. I know that this isn't the best chapter really. I hate it but it was just to introduce the people and situation and whatnot so yeah. I'll probably upload another chapter after or possibly tomorrow. Thanks. Fan, vote, comment!