Chapter 10: Re-meeting Sam

The next morning I woke up to the sound of music blaring and sunlight hitting my face. I yawned as I sat up in bed and stretched. Then I froze, realizing I wasn't in my bed. I furrowed my eyebrows in a confused expression before silently swinging my legs over the bed and standing up.

A rush of nausea came to me but thankfully I didn't vomit. But I did get dizzy.

I grasped onto the door for support, hoping I wouldn't fall. I realized I was still in my clubbing dress from last night as all the memories flooded back into my head.

Drinking martinis. Dancing with some random guy named Austin. Everyone was staring at me. I was the DJ for a moment. Asher staring at me with wide eyes, his mouth hanging open.

I smiled at the thought but then froze, once again.

Why was I acting like this? This isn't normal for me to do! I usually just get into fights and talk back to people. But now I'm getting wasted and- falling in- wait. No. I'm not falling in love with Asher. That's ridiculous! I like him but I wouldn't fall in love with him! I'd just get hurt.

I shook my head trying to get rid of all the questions but then stopped when the nausea came back to me again. I sank down onto the floor, my feet spread out in front of me, my back against the door. I stayed there for a few minutes, waiting for the diziness to go away before getting up again.

I sighed as I pushed myself up off the floor, using the door for support again. I slowly walked down the hall and found the room where the music was coming from. I lifted my hand and knocked on the door loudly, making sure they would hear me.

"Come in," yelled a feminine voice from the other side.

I slowly opened the door and poked my head inside the room to see some girl looking through a magazine while hanging off her bed.

"Um, who are you?" I asked.

The girl tore her eyes away from her magazine and locked eyes with me. A look of happiness flashed in her eyes as a smile formed on her lips.

"RILEY!" she screamed as she scrambled off the bed, falling onto the floor, and hoisting herself up before attacking me with a huge hug.

"Can't. Breathe," I said as she choked the air out of me.

"Oh, sorry," she said pulling away as she blushed a little.

I smiled. I wasn't the only one that blushed a lot I guessed.

"So, who are you?" I asked again.

She sighed. "I guess you really don't remember me do you?"

I thought for a moment before I frowned and shook my head. "Sorry, but no," I said.

"Oh," she said. Then she smiled again, showing off her perfect, white teeth. "Well, I guess I don't expect you to but I'm Samantha, Lauren's sister. You always used to come over my house when we were little to hang with Lauren and that meant so much to us all. I can't thank you enough. Actually," she said as she averted her gaze to the floor, "I kind of got jealous that my sister had someone as cool and caring as you for a friend. But anyways," she said putting on a smile once again as she looked up at me. "You used to call me Sam or Sammy so feel free to call me those now, too. I like them better than 'Samantha' anyways. Samantha sounds like a good girl's name and well, I don't really intend on being good. Oh and-," she said looking at my shocked face.

Taking this all in was very confusing but shocking.

"I'm going to shut up now. Any questions?" Sam asked batting her eyelashes at me.

"You're Sam? Lauren's sister? You look totally different!" I said as I pulled her in for a hug.

She must've been shocked because at first she didn't hug me back.