Chapter 16: Depressing News

Quick Author's Note:

Ahhh! This chapter is so sad but don't worry, I have everything planned out! Please, don't hate me haha anyways here's your chapter!

***********************************************************************************

Chapter 16

When I pulled away from the kiss, I wore a shocked slash quizzical expression on my face. Asher looked at me, his expression blank at first before his mouth curved upward in a real, true, genuine smile. Not a smirk. A real smile!

My heart began racing faster. The taste of his lips still lingered on mine.

Seeing that I wasn't talking and instead was just staring at him, his smile turned to a frown.

"I'm so sorry Riley," he said, starting to apologixe. "I shouldn't have- I just figured since the other day we did, you know-" he kept rambling on until I cut him off by kissing him again.

At first, he didn't kiss back. I figured it was normal seeing as though he was probably in shock. But a second later he was taking over the kiss, kissing me hungrily yet gentle.

When we pulled away, we were both a little breathless. I realized I was now up against the wall. Asher rested his forehead on mine and placed his hands on either side of me, trapping me against the wall.

"I think I should talk more often," he said with a smirk.

"Don't get to full of yourself now," I answered back as I ducked under his arm and headed back into the kitchen.

"Oh, come on, Riley!" he said as he run up behind me.

I continued walking, not bothering to turn and look at him, or even answer. he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, keeping me from moving forward.

I bit my lip to keep from smiling.

"You can't tell me," he said turning me around so that I was now facing him, "that that kiss meant nothing to you. And that whole thing with Logan," he started, trying not to laugh. "Now, I know how to get you jealous," he finished, smirking.

I felt blood rise to my cheeks. "I-I was not jealous!" I cried, crossing ym arms over my chest.

"Yea, and I was not born from my mother," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

I rolled mine too. "And, that kiss meant nothing to me. You completely shoved yourself at me!" I told him.

"Really?" he asked. I nodded. "Then what was that other one where if I'm correct," Asher said placing his finger on his chin like he was thinking, "You kissed me?"

"That was to get you to shut up!" I told him as I released his grip on me and walked over to the fridge, brefore pouring me some apple juice.

"Okay, then, you can say it, but doesn't mean you meant it," he retorted.

"Well," I argued back, "You're not me so how would you know?!"

He sighed and looked away, obviously knowing I was right. I smirked and spun on my heel as I went to go open up the door for Danny again.

"Miss me?" Danny asked, stepping in as he pulled me in for a hug.

I rolled my eyes. Boys could be dramatic too sometimes. Sometimes even worse than girls.

"No, not really," I answered.

"Sorry." he said with a frown on his face.

"It's fine, whatever," I told him.