Chapter 23: Malibu

I groaned as I stretched my arms from out under the covers and waved them around in the air, trying to shut the alarm off.

I groaned again when I couldn't find the damn button. I rolled over so I could see it, but instead I landed with an 'Umph' on the ground, my legs tangled in the blanket.

Before I could even get up, Logan was rushing into my room. I had forgotten that Logan absolutely hated when alarms went on forever. I hated it, too, but at the moment I had no chance but to let it.

She walked over to where the alarm was before forcefully pushing down on the off button. She turned to glare at me and I gave her a small smile.

Her glare was instantly replaced with a smirk. "Nice way to get out of bed," Logan said with a wink before walking out of the room.

I sighed and rested my heads on my hands before untangling my legs and finally standing up.

I placed my blankets in a big pile on the bed and looked at the clock. 2:01 A.M.

A sudden flashback occurred and suddenly, it was a few months back. I was getting up at sometime around 3 AM in the morning. Except it wasn't me who was leaving. It was my mom. And neither of us knew she was leaving for good.

I blinked back a few tears before shaking my head, hoping to get the thoughts out. I sighed as I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of shorts with a belt, high tops, a cropped tee, and a tank top.

I stumbled out of my room, still not used to walking this early in the morning. I walked down the hall and into the bathroom, turning on the shower, I stepped into the warm, cozy place and felt like I could just sleep in there. Weird, I know. But hey, I was exhausted. Maybe I'd sleep on the plane.

Ten minutes later, I was out of the shower and dressed. I hadn't really wanted to come out of the shower but seeing that I almost fell asleep in there, I had to force myself to get out.

I ran a brush through my damp hair before styling it and adding a cute pair of shade earrings to my outfit.

Then, I walked downstairs, into the kitchen, where Ashley was using her mad cooking skills and making us all breakfast.

"Mmm," I said smiling as the smell of bacon, eggs, and cinnamon sugar toast, along with coffee, filled my nose.

I walked up to the island and sat on a stool next to Logan.

"You're finally up," Ashley commented.

"Eh, not for long. As soon as we're on that plane, I'm gonna be out like a light bulb," I told them moving my finger across my neck in an 'out' motion.

They turned to stare at me wide-eyed. It was really early in the morning for me, but after re-thinking it a few times, I realized what I had said.

The 'out' motion was also used to motion someone or something as dead and my mom had died on an airplane.

I should really think before I speak.

"Oh," I said. "Yeah, I guess it's too early in the morning for me to think before I speak," I told them.

"You just said that," Logan commented, still flipping through her magazine.

Had I said that aloud before?

"Yes," Ashley said as she continued to move the bacon around in the pan.

This was going to be one heck of a morning!

"You said it," Logan said smirking at me.

***************

I breathed a sigh of relief as we boarded the plane. I was dying to sleep.