Chapter 2: Ice Cream

As soon as we stepped outside, the cool spring breeze blew through my hair. I tilted my head back towards the sky and closed my eyes, savoring the weather. When I opened my eyes, I caught Asher staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I began walking past him.

"Yes, you can," he said pronouncing each word like a perv.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to look at him. I'm guessing he was staring at my ass the way his eyes were scanning my lower body. He looked up and I glared at him before turning around and resuming walking.

"So where are you going?" he asked. I could tell he was smirking.

Truth is, I didn't know where I was going. He was the one that was supposed to lead us somewhere. But between his perverted self and cockiness, I just wanted to get away not really caring where I was going. Plus, I wouldn't mind getting away from my mom for a while. If I ever needed a ride I could always call Logan, Travis, or someone else to come pick me up.

Oh yeah, did I mention my mom won't let me drive? She made me get a permit and then a driver's licence but she won't let me drive. She says that it's not me. It's the other people and their horrible driving. I'm not even sure why she drives if she's so uptight on the thought of me driving. And-

"Riley?" a voice said.

I snapped back into reality only to find Asher a centimeter away from me, staring into my eyes. How I didn't fall backwards at that sight, I'm not sure.

"What?" I snapped.

"Let's go" he said gripping onto my wrist as he began walking.

I yanked my wrist away. "I'm not a puppy. I don't need a leash. Plus, seeing as though we just met, you shouldn't be touching me."

"Whatever" Asher said as he pulled on his hair and kept walking. He was annoyed with me because I wasn't being fun or cooperating with him. This brought a smile to my face. Maybe a bit too big of a smile.

"What are you smiling at?" he asked me.

"Nothing" I said, trying to contain my smile.

"Really?"

"Really" I answered.

"One more block" he said, obviously ignoring my answer.

To be honest, I was having fun. I never knew you could annoy someone like this but hey! You learn something new everyday, right?

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone rang. I didn't have to look to know it was Travis. I pressed the answer button as I brought the phone up to my ear.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm being forced to go somewhere-" I started.

"You're not being forced to come. You agreed to" Asher said.

"Who's that?" Travis asked as his voice filled my ear.

"No one important. Anyways, what you need?" I asked.

"I need you to come back!" Travis yelled causing me to pull the phone away from my ear.

"What are you? My mother? Cause I've had enough of her and her damn rules to last a lifetime!" I said back to Travis.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just hurry please, ok?" he asked.

"I-"

Travis hung up. I hated when he did that. Whenever Travis wanted something done, he would just hang up forcing you to do it. And if you called back to argue, he'd know and wouldn't pick up his phone.

It All Began With A Letterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें