Chapter 27: Young Forever

"So what's the plan?" I asked Jordan.

"There is no plan!" she yelled with a smile on her face. "That's the whole idea! We just do whatever the hell we want! This is how you become a professional bad ass. And no, you don't become one by taking a balloon on free balloon day or screaming at the top of your lungs," Jordan finished sternly.

I laughed. "I've already done that. Way passed that stage," I told her, waving my hand in the air.

We walked further down the street. It was beginning to get late and the sun was slowly lowering into the sky, bringing all off it's bright colors with it.

We passed by people walking their dogs and people waiting for the bus and occasionally, people still at their little stands trying to sell whatever they had to offer.

I passed by someone that was selling a really cute pair of shoes and I wanted to get it but Jordan gripped my wrist, forcing me to continue forward.

"You left your phone at home right?" she asked me.

I nodded. "What kind of rebel would I be if I brought my phone and it rang while we were trying to sneak into some place?" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes. "Exactly why I was asking."

"Hey! You give me a lot less credit than I deserve," I told her, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Yeah, well, maybe you can gain that and more at the end of the night. Now, today we will do what I call a Mission 10. I do it whenever I just want to do something instead of being bored, and watching TV on my couch with fifty cats," she told me as we crossed a street.

"You have fifty cats?!" I asked her.

"NO! Why would- Ugh! I guess you're also one of those brunettes that act like a blond."

"I'm not a brunette! My hair's black!" I told her.

"Whatever. Anyways, a Mission 10 is when we go out and do ten rebellious things. So really, it should be called 10 Missions but I personally think Mission 10 sounds cooler. It makes it sound so much more... more..." Jordan said, trying to find the right word.

"Secretive? Formal? Business-y?" I suggested.

"Yeah, whatever you said."

"Okay, so what's mission number one?" I asked her, eager to get started.

Jordan took her gaze off me and looked around the dark, deserted streets. She bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows together, trying to decide what we should do.

Then, her head shot up and she smiled before taking a piece of paper out of her back pocket. It was really small. Or at least that's what I thought before she unfolded it to create a big, detailed map of Malibu. Yep, every street, alley, restaurant, beach, bus station, etc., was on there.

"How the heck did you get that?!" I asked her. I'm pretty sure that since I came to Malibu a lot when I was little, I had never seen a map like that and no one I passed by on the street had one.

She looked up from the map and smirked at me. "I'm good with maps and computers," Jordan answered simply.

Then, reaching into her other pocket, she produced another small square, handing it to me.

She gave a small smile saying, "I figured you wouldn't have one. Then again, no one but me has- or had- one of these so consider yourself lucky!" Then, changing to a more serious tone, she told me, "Don't show this to anyone or give it to anyone! And don't lose it either!"

I smirked at her. "I'm not that dumb," I said, opening it up to produce the same map as her.

"Anyways, where to first?" I asked her.