Chapter 18: Songs to Play

Author's Note:

The songs for this chapter are When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus (love that song and the movie The Last Song) and All Time Low by The Wanted. All Time Low is on the side and When I Look At You is the external link so check those out. Love both of those songs so much! You'll see why I chose thesw songs later on, ha ha. Here's your chapter! :]

***************************************************************************************

As soon as we got home, I was so tired and overwhelmed with everything that had happened today, that I started getting ready for bed.

It was about 8:46 P.M. I crawled into bed and snuggled myself under the covers. Somehow, I still felt cold. Asher walked in a second later to say goodnight to me. When he noticed how cold I was, he frowned before chuckling.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

He reached up and pulled on a chain. The coldness instantly evaporated. I looked up to see that the fan had been on. Heat rushed to my cheeks in embarrassment as I snuggled deeper into the blankets to cover it up.

Asher came over and slid in next to me in bed as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. I felt warmer now and I'm not sure it was because the fan was turned off. And feeling safe in his arms and now warm, I quickly dozed off to sleep.

**************

The next morning, I woke up around 6:32 A.M. I glanced outside my window and noticed it was actually really light out. Seeing that I hadn't gone to school yesterday, I probably had a lot of work to get done. It was now Wednesday. The week went by pretty fast actually.

I felt a stirring beside me and almost screamed when I saw someone. But luckily I didn't. I just kept my hand clamped over my mouth. I looked at the guy next to me and noticed he was in just his boxers.

My mind started going through a million thoughts then.

Oh my gosh! Who is this stranger? I mean sure he's hot but please tell me we didn't do it. Not that I don't wanna tap that, but still!

I looked down at myself and noticed I was still wearing the clothes I had worn when I had gotten into bed yesterday. I let out a sigh of relief.

Then, the person next to me adjusted themselves, making their grip around my waist tighten. The way they adjusted themselves, I could now see them clearly.

I glanced over them. They had jet black hair and their jaw was clenched. They were, well, shirtless giving me a great view of their six-pack.

I giggled quietly but obviously not quietly enough. They slowly opened their eyes and looked up at me.

"Riley?" They asked.

Oh my gosh! They know my name! Wait... I know that voice.

"Asher?!" I asked.

"Yeah?" he answered.

I blinked obviously confused as I became full of questions.

Was is he shirtless in my bed?

Why is he here?

Why was I gawking at him just a minute ago?

Suddenly, thoughts from the past few days filled my memory. My mom dying, being in the hospital, I'm Asher's girlfriend, he slept here with me last night.

I smiled at the thought of me being his girlfriend. I guess it was okay if I had gawked.

Then my mind focused somewhere else: My mom's dead. My eyes began to water as I blinked back tears. But there were too many. I couldn't hold them all. I buried my face in my hands and began to sob.