Chapter 9: Clubbing Hard

After about an hour, we left the fancy italian restuarant. I for one, was full. I hugged Lauren goodbye as she promised to call me sometime soon, possibly later on tonight when she got out of work.

I waved goobye to Asher as I walked with my mom towards our car.

He frowned and stuck out his lip as he opened his arms wide, asking for a hug. I decided to make a little game out of it. I sat there with my hand on my chin making it look like I was thinking, as I stared off into another direction. While I was doing this, Asher ran up to me and was about to grab me when I ran. He chased me around the parking lot. I was too busy sticking my tongue out at him while running that I didn't see the car coming into the parking lot.

A firm arm grabbed around my waist and pulled me out just in time.

"Now do you believe in looking both ways?" Asher asked, his breath warm against my neck.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I silently laughed as I said, "Nope."

Suddenly, I heard a ping! I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone.

New Text Message

From: Lauren

You want to try keeping yourself alive, please? I finally see you for the first time in like years and you want to get killed in a parking lot? Still the same old Riley, I see. :]

I grinned as I looked up at the window where she was staring at me with a wide smile on her face, probably waiting for me to get the text. I texted her back saying,

Hey, if I die, it's fine. I lived life to the fullest. And sorry I was just in so much shock that you're back that I got way too excited :]

A few seconds later, she replied saying,

Yeah, mhm. Either that or you were too busy staring at your boyfriend and trying to tease him :p haha

I glanced up and sent her a scowl through the window as she stuck her tongue out at me. Then a customer went up to her receptionist booth and she went back to work.

"Bye Asher," I said walking back towards my car.

"Not so fast," he said running up behind me and spinning me around. I giggled.

"Such a jerk right?" said a voice.

I turned to see my mom with a smirk on her face.

"Yes, he is. See, he won't let me go! Did I mention he's a perv too?" I asked her.

"Keep telling yourself that," she said with a smile as she hopped into the car.

Wait, did my mom actually approve of Asher? Now that, was kind of a problem.

Asher put me down as I gave him one last hug and waved goodbye. He waved goodbye and winked before we both jumped into our cars.

**************************

I was watching 'American Idol' when I got a call from Lauren.

"Hey!" I said excitedly as I picked it up.

"Hey! So I was thinking we it that cool club downtown today," she said.

"Omg! Totally! That'd be great!" I said as I glanced at the clock. It was only 8:36pm.

"You can bring your boyfriend if you want and I'll bring mine," she said.

"Sure," I said smiling totally oblivious to the fact that she'd just called Asher my boyfriend.