Chapter 28: Home Sweet Home...

I groaned as I rolled over in bed, smacking the alarm clock next to me off.

The sun streamed through the windows, giving me a two o'clock shadow that partially blinded me.

Knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, I slowly got up, careful as to not go too fast that I get a headache. I slipped my feet into a pair of flip flops that were placed my the foot of my bed before walking out the door and heading downstairs towards the kitchen.

I frowned when I didn't hear the familiar barking noise that I was used to.

We ended up getting back from Malibu at around three o'clock this morning. I'm surprised I lasted those two last days without being recognized by someone as one of the rebels.

I was so tired that I headed straight to bed, not even bothering to bring my suitcase in my room or change into my pajamas. I was dying to see Mia again but knew I would have to wait til later on to get her because I didn't want to wake Eliza and them up at 3 AM, plus, I was about to fall asleep in the driveway, standing up. Asher actually had to carry me to my room and put me to bed just to make sure I didn't randomly pass out on the floor.

Now, first thing I did was walk towards the front door. I opened it and stepped outside. It was really warm out for eleven in the morning. Or at least it was for my place.

I walked down the driveway before crossing my lawn which was actually beginning to seem like a lawn. I'm not sure why it did all of a sudden but it didn't matter to me. At least the lawn didn't look so dead and ugly anymore.

I stepped up onto the porch of Eliza's house and knocked on the door. I heard barking from behind the door that instantly made me grin like crazy.

Eliza opened the door and I was immediately attacked by a blur of brown and white. I chuckled as Mia licked my face, giving me tons of kisses.

"I've missed you, too!" I told her as I touched my nose to hers and scratched behind her ear, In response, she licked my face again.

I laughed as I picked her up, cradling her in my arms.

Eliza looked at me with a smile along with Drew, who stood clinging to her leg.

"Hey, Drew," I told him as I crouched down to his eye level. He slowly let go of Eliza's leg, trying to keep himself balanced. Drew then threw his arms around my neck, giving me a hug. I gently placed Mia down before squeezing Drew back. I stood up as I placed him on my hip, Mia at my feet.

"Do I get a hug?" Eliza joked. She had a hand on her hip, eyebrow raised, and her head cocked to the side.

"I'll thing about it," I joked back with a smirk.

She laughed. "You know, you're funny," she told me as she hugged me. I laughed as I wrapped my spare arm around her.

"So I've heard," I answered, when we pulled away.

She rolled her eyes. "You're so arrogant."

"I know," I told her, smiling.

"Okay, well unfortunately, my family from Florida will be here anytime soon so I need to clean the house," she told me.

"Want me to watch Drew?" I asked her.

Eliza shook her head. "No, you just got back from vacation and I can tell you're still tired."

I rolled my eyes. "Once I'm up, I can't fall asleep. And like you said: I just got back from work. It's time for me to get back to work."

She sighed. "I guess..." she answered, trailing off.