Chapter 11: Shopping Time

When I got home, I stripped off my cothes and jumped into a nice warm shower. I stayed in there for like ten minutes, shampooing and conditioning my hair and washing my body before I stepped out and wrapped the white, fluffy towel around me.

I walked over to my room and threw my dress in the basket full of dirty clothes I had under my window. I made a mental note to take care of those when I got back home. It was starting to pile up plus my closet was in need of more clothes. Then again, I was going to the mall.

I opened my closet door and looked for what to wear.

"Not this," I muttered throwing a pair of jeans over my head as it landed on the floor.

"Or this!" I said with a look of disgust as I threw a cream sweater over my head. It landed on top of the jeans.

I rumaged for a bit more before finding a white tank top with a heart on it and pulling it on, over my head. I then found a pair of capris and matched it with a white belt before grabbing my pair of pink converses with hearts and my pink bracelet and putting those on, too.

As I examined myself in the mirror, I noticed my hair fell actually kind of perfectly. I smiled because it was never like that. Right now, it was a bit wavy and damp and hung to about my belly.

My phone rang, making me jump, as I rushed to answer it.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, not even bothering to glance at the caller ID.

"Hey! I'm on my way! AHH! Sorry little kitty! Um, I'll be there soon, kay?" Sam said on the other end.

I laughed. "Kay, try not to kill anymore cats, please!" I said and hung up.

I shook my head as I laughed again at her failure at driving. Then I realized I was going to be in the same car as her, with her driving, in a moment.

A beep from outside took me out of my trance as I grabbed my cell phone, wallet, and keys before hopping out the door, and of course, locking it.

When I jumped into the passenger seat, I looked over at Sam and saw her give a weak smile.

"What'd you do?" I asked trying to hide my laughter.

"I almost killed a cat," she said biting her nail.

"I know. I heard," I said finally giving up and laughing.

When I finished laughing, I looked up to see Sam scowling at me before turning her attention to her driving and slowly backing out of my driveway.

As we were driving, I took the time to study Sam. She was wearing a pair of ripped shorts with boots and a cropped tee. Her face looked determined and her eyes were focused on the road, staring straight on. She was squeezing the wheel hard, determined to drive better. I smiled in amusement as I thought, Even Lauren can drive better!

Ten suspenseful minutes later, we were walking through the mall doors. People on the floor, getting out of the elevator, and getting Auntie Annie's pretzels and whatnot eyed us. Some guys smirked and winked as I rolled my eyes in disgust. Girls glared at us, surprise. I just turned and glared back.

Sam must've caught this because she laughed," I never knew we were that special! I'm not sure we should stay here any longer. Guys might rape us if the girls don't get to kill us first," She joked.

I laughed along with Sammy. A blonde girl was texting on her phone, her friends following behind doing the exact same except she was carrying a gucci purse and they were carrying, well, shopping bags. She wasn't looking where she was going and bumped into me. Her head snapped up to look at me.