When You Cant Sleep At Night

Short filler chapter to make up for the lack of updates.
*not edited

Vic's POV

It was the middle of the night. The moonlight shone through the barred windows. I couldn't sleep. Why you ask? Well, a certain someone has left me alone in our room. I'm not saying I'm lonely, but I'm lonely.

I kept tossing and turning to make myself comfortable but nothing worked. It was too dark to draw so that was a no-go. I stared at the empty spot in Kellin's bed. It looked so cold and bare. It irked me. I got up and messed with his covers, making it looked like he was there. Yes, I know it's creepy, but it kinda calmed me down. Don't judge me. I went back to bed and in a matter of minutes, I drifted into a deep sleep.

-----

vic
Kellin?
Vic
Kellin!
VIC
I woke up with a start, jumping right off the bed. Coming to my senses, I realized there was someone in front of me. It was a girl, Shannon I believe, with the same doctor as Kellin. Don't know her  but I've seen her around.

"Doctor McKinnon says you can skip everything but your therapy session today since he has to deal with other patients ." she said.

"Alright thanks," I replied.

"By the way, you were mumbling his name in your sleep," she said with a smirk as she left.

Oh gosh. I facepalmed to hide my embarrassment. I crawl back into bed and hid under the covers. Man I got issues. Especially with things happening in my sleep. I should probably monitor that.

Anyways, I now have the entire afternoon open for anything I want. I could catch up on sleep, draw, sleep some more, and even draw! Wow my life is boring. I contemplated on visiting Kellin but he only has a couple days left in the ICU so it's best to wait. I don't want to extend his time even more or get myself in there for breaking the rules.

Suddenly, the breakfast bell rang. Dang, I didn't even wash up yet. I hurriedly ran to the bathroom, almost slipping in the process.
-----

After breakfast, I went to my therapy session. Doctor McKinnon was persistent as usual. "Hello Vic. I'd like to talk to you about Mr. Quinn's scene."

"Ok"

"Well, do you have any idea why it happened?"

"No"

"Are you sure? It's ok to tell us."

"I'm sure"

"Well then. We can just stay until you think of something that comes to mind."

"..."

-----

~ringgg~

"Ok your time is up. Let me know when you find something out."

I left his office and sprinted back to my room. How would I know anything? They should know by now that no one likes to talk about themselves here. It's like revealing everything wrong with you all over again.

I bellyflopped onto my bed, not caring if anyone heard me. Kellin's attack was obviously caused by that guy. In any case, he and Kellin are on bad terms. I don't know if I should feel happy or sad about that.

Bored out of my mind and not in the mood to draw, I decided to take a nap. Maybe that'll clear my thoughts.

-----

The next day, I had to go to circle time. Absolute dread if it weren't for Mike and Tony. Others too but not as important. I made my way over and sat next to my friends. Everyone was still coming in and getting settled. I decided to lean back on the wall and close my eyes for a second.

"Vic?"

Wait. What?

"Vic!" Someone touched my arm.

I opened my eyes and saw Kellin. "Am I hallucinating?" Did I say that out loud?

"Nope," he said with a blush. So cute. I really hope I didn't say that one out loud.

"What are you doing? I thought you were in the ICU. Please don't tell me you snuck out."

"Relax. I'm allowed to at least go to circle time," he said, sitting down next to me. Very, very close to me.

"Also...I'm not cute." He smirks making me turn a dark shade of red.

Throughout circle time, all I did was stare at him, afraid that he'd disappear before my eyes. What was wrong with me?

-----

As I lied in bed, I only thought of him. Of how the few times he smiled had made me...brighten up? Of how I was always cautious when he grazed over my skin or was close to me. Or how he always flinches when someone touches him. How he always keeps one arm at his side and the other over his stomach. What is this? I'm getting way too attached. I'm in a fucking mental hospital, this isn't a place for love.