Never Let Life Kill Your Spark

There's gonna be a lot of dialogue, sorry kids.

Mike's POV

I threw my head back and layed in bed. It's been such a long ass day.

I stared off into space thinking of my parents and my brother, Vic.

-flashback-

"Mike we gotta go to school come on already!"

"All right damn." I said and giggled. I heard a sigh escape my brothers lips and he opened my door.

I layed on the floor continuing to giggle with my heroine in my right hand.

"Holy, Mike why in the morning?! We're supposed to be going to school." Vic said.

I sniffled and giggled some more. "I like my heroine."

Vic smacked me across the face and I stopped. I clenched my heroine in my hand and pushed him out of my room, causing him to fling back and hit the wall abruptly. His slap caused me to sober up just a bit and realize what I had done.

I locked the door, threw the drugs in my drawer then grabbed my book bag and sweater. I opened my door and Vic was standing there still with his head down.

"Mike I'm so-"

"Whatever. I'll see you later." I said cutting him off.

"Mike!"

"Bye!"

I heard Vic following me. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"What?" I asked.

"School is the other way."

I looked up and shrugged.

"Guess I'll take the long way." I said.

"I'm going with you then."

"No you're not." I said.

I grabbed Vic's shoulders and turned him around. I set my arm on one of his shoulders and pointed towards the shorter way to school.

"Buddy, you're going that way, you're not gonna look back and you're gonna walk to school." I said.

Vic nodded then walked away. I stood there making sure he dint turn around or look back.

Once he was around the corner I walked away.
--
"You got the stuff?" I asked my friend.

"You got the money?"

"$30 right?"

"No Mike, last time it was $30 an so was it the time before that. And then we almost got caught. I said $50."

I sighed and got my wallet out. I pulled out another $20 and handed him the money.

He counted the money and handed my more heroine.

"Thanks Oliver." I said.

"Don't call me that, it's Oli."