Smith, Stone and Jones

"I told you Rita" the Doctor beamed reading the results. "Completely fine no unnatural brain activity, completely healthy."

"How can I remember random things though?" She asked leaning against the console with her arms crossed against her chest. "Like I can remember having to drag you along when you were acting drunk on that spaceship, or that I used to absolutely hate the couple next door to my apartment" she shivered a little. "Months, I had no sleep for months and now I can go days without it!" She groaned.

"You're still getting used to it, your not like other Time Lords who have become human you remember being human Rita as if you're still yourself. You also said it yourself the Daleks must have done something to the watch"

"That's what I'm worried about" she ran a hand through her hair and started pacing back and forth in front of the Doctor. He raised a brow following the brunette with his eyes.

"If they messed with the watch with my essence inside then who knows what they could have done" she groaned heading towards the hall. The Doctor sighed following the brunette.

"Rita stop" he followed her and groaned as she ignored him. "Stop!" He grabbed her wrist forcing her to turn around and look at him.

"Yes?" She sighed sounding slightly annoyed by his persistence.

"Who am I?" He asked placing his hands on her shoulders. She blinked not understanding what he was talking about. "Who am I?" He repeated.

"The Doctor of course" she answered turning to head away. He forced her to stay where she was and she grumbled at him.

"Exactly which means I will keep doing these tests until you ask me to stop because you're my friend Rita, my best friend and as long as I keep doing these tests and you calm down and they show normal results you are fine."

The brunette breathed out a deep long sigh and nodded slowly looking at his eyes which showed worry at the current moment. "I'm just not used to it, well I am but I'm not if you understand what I mean." He nodded at her understanding that it scared her that the Daleks had been tampering with the watch while she was still inside, scared that they did something which could harm her or those around her, scared that they would hurt the Doctor, her best friend.

"Now then" he gently let go of her shoulders not realising himself that he had his hands tightly holding on to them, he let them drop to his sides. "I was doing some readings on the Earth yesterday and there was an odd signal coming from a hospital. Want to go take a look?" He grinned knowing that she wouldn't turn this down.

"Doctor you really do know how to cheer a friend up" she grinned following the Doctor back into the console room.

"Oh, I almost forgot" he chuckled. "The TARDIS made you a gift for saying thank you for flying her so well the other day"

"The TARDIS?" Rita blinked not expecting that. The Doctor hummed a 'yes' response and dived into his pocket then beamed when he found what he was looking for.

"Oh, well I say" Rita beamed as he placed the object in her hands. "She made me a sonic" the Time Lady admired it. "Hmm very nice" she looked at it closely. There was a dark almost black metal, unlike the Doctors which was a more silver. The handle itself had a golden tint to it which actually looked quite shiny to Rita's amusement. There was also a clear white emitter at the tip where on the Doctors sonic it is blue.

"Thank you" she patted the console then turned to the Doctor. "Thank you Doctor" she also gave him a hug.

"What for?" He asked her yet still accepting her embrace.

"For suggesting it and being a brilliant friend."

"Your welcome" he laughed. "Now we're going to around 2007 to 2008 the signal was a little weak in telling the year." He shrugged.