Family of Blood - Two

Here we go! Last chapter being uploaded today. I think that's around 5/6 chapters I have finished today.

-----

"Just." John stuttered entering the ship Rita standing behind him. The ship rocked and he lurched against the switches pressing them.

"Just stop the bombardment. That's all I'm asking. I'll do anything you want, just, just stop." He begged.

"Say please." Baines snapped.

"Please."

"Wait a minute." Jenny interrupted deeply sniffing the air. "Still human. Both of them now." She snapped her eyes at Rita.

"Now I can't, I can't pretend to understand, not for a second, but I want you to know I'm innocent in all this, she is just an innocent as I am." He looked over at the brunette. "He made me John Smith. It's not like I had any control over it." He then tripped backwards running his hand over more switches.

"He didn't just make himself human. He made himself an idiot." Jenny cackled.

"Same thing, isn't it?"

"I don't care about this Doctor and your family. I just want you to go. So I've made my choice. You can have him. Just take it, please! Take him away." John shakily handed the watch over. Baines then grabbed him by the lapels after grabbing the watch.

"Don't think that saved your life." He pushed him away causing him to stumble backwards hitting the wall as well as the brunette.

"Family of Mine, now we shall have the lives of a Time Lord." Baines breathed opening the watch. The family then sniffed deeply looking at the pair. "It's empty!" He hissed angrily.

"Where's it gone?"

"You tell me." He threw the watch over and the Doctor caught it without looking while he looked over at Rita grinned.

"Oh, I think the explanation might be you've been fooled by a simple olfactory misdirection." He said in his normal voice standing up before holding out a hand helping the Time Lady to stand up. "Little bit like ventriloquism of the nose. It's an elementary trick in certain parts of the galaxy." He explained then looked at the controls. "But it has got to be said, I don't like the looks of that hydroconometer, Stone?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "You are quite right, I don't like the look of it either." Rita leant over looking at it.

"It seems to be indicating you've got energy feedback all the way through the retrostabilisers feeding back into the primary heat converters." The Doctor nodded. "Oh. Because if there's one thing you shouldn't have done, you shouldn't have let me press all those buttons."

"Never let a a prisoner near buttons, especially if that prisoner is the Doctor." Rita waved a finger at them. "But, in fairness, I believe he will give you a word of advice. One single three letter word." She looked at the Doctor raising a brow. He then grabbed her hand before coldly looking at the family.

"Run."

The Doctor and Rita ran out of the ship as the alarms started to blare. They heard Baines screaming behind them running in the same direction as them. "Get out! Get out!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I tried to warn them." Rita sighed after explaining to Martha what she and the Doctor had done to the family. "I needed to give them the choice, to walk away and die in peace hurting no one or we would give them their wish of living forever.

"After everything they did?" Martha looked at her in slight shock.

"The Doctor always gives one chance. I never gave them a chance." She replied leaning against the TARDIS beside Martha on a hill near where the village stood in her normal clothes. They saw the Doctor slowly walking up in the rain alone. Both girls sighed knowing that she declined the offer.