Evolution of the Daleks - Two

"Doctor! Stone!" Martha shouted as the lift doors opened.

"First floor, perfumery."

"I never thought I'd see you again." Tallulah cried running over to Laszlo.

"No stopping me." He said breathing quite heavily, tightly hugging Tallulah while the Doctor and Rita ran over to Martha and the drawings for the Empire States Building.

"We've worked it out. We know what they've done. There's Dalekanium on the mast."

"Oh, of course, there is." Rita groaned.

"And it's good to see you too, by the way." Martha grinned.

"Oh, come here." The Doctor pulled Martha into a hug while Rita watched with slight amusement. The door then dinged shut and the Time Lords ran over to it.

"No, no, no. See, never waste time with a hug." He told Martha. "Deadlock seal." He then groaned after trying to bring it back. "I can't stop it."

"Sadly neither can I." Rita sighed.

"Where's it going?" Martha asked.

"Right down to the Daleks. And they're not going to leave us alone up here. What's the time?" He asked.

"Er, 11:15" Frank replied.

"Six minutes to go. I've got to remove the Dalekanium before the gamma radiation hits."

"You mean we." Rita corrected him.

"Gammon radiation? What the heck is that?" Tallulah asked before the Doctor had time to protest over Rita.

Martha pulled them over and they looked at the view. "Oh, that's high. That's very. Blimey, that's high." The Doctor looked out.

"And we've got to go even higher. That's the mast up there, look. There's three pieces of Dalekanium on the base. We've got to get them off." Martha told them after she pointed up the ladder.

"That's not we, that's just me."

"Us" Rita corrected.

"No, Stone you are staying here with Martha. If that Gamma radiation hits-"

"It won't harm me, very much anyways. Doctor three parts, two Time Lords, two sonics, half the work, I am coming." She firmly replied.

"And I won't just stand here and watch you two," Martha added.

"Stone please stay here. Please" he now begged her, his hands on her shoulder looking straight into her eyes. She thought for a moment swallowed then answered nodding. 

"Okay, but any issues with it and I am coming straight up there dragging you down and doing it myself" she pointed a finger at him.

"Of course." He gave her a hug, Rita then saw him smirk from her humour and kissed the Doctors cheek. He lightly touched where her lips had been and frowned slightly, she had never done anything like that before, why now?

"What was that for?"

"For actually being my best friend for all this time and caring about me." She smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Well, I'm going" Martha protested. Rita then walked away towards the prints for the building and the Doctor quieted his voice to a whisper so Rita wouldn't hear. "No, you're going to have your hands full anyway. I'm sorry, Martha, but you've got to fight."

The Doctor climbed the ladder heading for the top of the building where the Dalekanium was attached to the mast. Martha and Rita paced around the area thinking. Their heads then snapped to the lift and noticed the dial rising showing that they were coming.