The Runaway Bride - Three

"Oo, look at this stunning" the Doctor opened the door and looked around at the large room.

"Is that what I think it is?" Rita asked walking over to a tube holding a clear liquid just like water with millions of bubbles travelling through it.

"What does it do?" Donna asked.

"I think" Rita looked at the liquid. "I think it's Particle extrusion." She looked at the Doctor whose eyes were fixed on the tubes holding the liquid. He turned back to them and grinned.

"Brilliant." He gleamed. "She's right" he nodded over to Rita. "They've been manufacturing Huon particles. Course, our people got rid of Huons. They unravel the atomic structure." He pointed to himself and the brunette.

"Your people? Who are they?" He frowned at the Time Lords. "What company do you represent?" Rita snorted out a laugh."Did he not hear Donna earlier? Surely 'Martians' would have given away something"

"We're not Martians though" he pointed out the obvious.

"Would have given him some sort of idea telling him that we're not around here" he tilted his head to the side a little nodding at the Time Lady when he realised that the two humans were staring at him and Rita nodding their heads at each other as if they were both mad.

"Oh, we're freelancers." He snapped his head over to them waving a hand. "But this lot are rebuilding them. They've been using the river. Extruding them through a flat hydrogen base so they've got the end result, Huon particles in liquid form."

Rita picked up a container. "And that's what's inside me?" Donna asked them both.

Rita then slowly twisted the top of the container and it started to glow gold. She looked up a little and noticed so was Donna who was gasping at the sight looking terrified. "Oh, my God!"

"Genius." The Doctor beamed. "Because the particles are inert, they need something living to catalyse inside and that's you. Saturate the body and then. Ha!" He jumped backwards causing Donna and Lance to jump in their skin with shock Rita however slightly moved out the way seeing the redheads face and knowing what was about to happen just by seeing that.

"The wedding!" The Doctor put his hands to his head in thought. "Yes, you're getting married, that's it!" He pointed at her talking excited and very fast. "Best day of your life, walking down the aisle. Oh, your body's a battleground! There's a chemical war inside! Adrenaline, acetylcholine. Wham! go the endorphins. Oh, you're cooking!" He pointed to her. "Yeah, you're like a walking oven. A pressure cooker, a microwave, all churning away. The particles reach boiling point. Shazam!" Donna then raised her arm slapping the Doctor right across the face causing him to stumble back and touch his cheek. He looked at Rita for help. The Time Lady just crossed her arms and gave him a look signalling that he was on his own this time.

"What did I do this time?" He shrieked looking at Donna still touching his cheek where she had slapped him.

"Are you enjoying this?" She asked him. "Right, just tell me. These particles, are they dangerous? Am I safe?" She looked at him.

"Yes." He replied.

"Doctor" Rita looked at him raising her brows sadly, wanting him to tell the poor woman the truth.

"Doctor, if your lot got rid of Huon particles, why did they do that?" She asked quietly.

"Because they were deadly." He quietly replied. Rita moved over to the red head and placed a hand on her shoulder as she gasped. "Oh, my God."

"Donna we will sort it" the Time Lady promised. "I don't make a promise I can't keep. Even the Doctor knows that." She looked at him and he nodded. "Whatever has been done to you. It will be reversed" she promised now facing the woman with her hands on each of her shoulders.