Blink

Of course, there still is the Friday chapter ;) Sorry it's a later than usual. 

-----

"Of course Martha is my friend." Rita chuckled shaking her head at the previous comment he had made. "I just don't want her to know about... us yet. I don't want her to feel like a 3rd wheel all of a sudden." She explained hugging his side sitting on a sofa with the fire opposite them in the TARDIS library.

"You think Martha would think that?" He asked setting down the book he held in his hand placing it on the arm of the sofa turning to the Time Lady.

"You really are an idiot sometimes." She rolled her eyes at him. "I know she loves you, Doctor, you would have to be an idiot to not notice that, with everything that happened yesterday I just don't think suddenly springing it on her that her two friends who are aliens that she travels through time and space are now together."

"Well, now you put it that way." He hummed. "You do have a point."

"When don't I?" She chuckled placing the book she was holding down on her lap not interested in reading rather than just talking to him at the moment.

"You are very cheeky." He informed her.

"And your not?" She asked raising a brow.

"Not as cheeky as you." He smirked.

"You want to bet on that mister?" She raised a brow seeing him trying to challenge her

"I would never dare to challenge you to something like that." He paused then muttered under his breath. "Or anything for that matter."

"You know I would win." She hummed playfully kissing his cheek before grinning.

"If you say so." He shook his head as she rested hers on his shoulder sighing in the process while picking up her book again continuing to read as he did the same with an arm around her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I told you we should have come earlier!" Rita groaned frantically looking outside of the taxi window quietly whispering to the Doctor. "We have a bloody time machine and you decide to take us to a time where we have barely any time to get there!"

"I know, I know." He muttered shaking his head. "We'll get to the hatching." He reassured her.

"Next time I'm controlling the TARDIS." She narrowed her eyes at him. Martha laughed at the two as they glared at each other. The Taxi then stopped and they sprinted out, Martha carrying a quiver of arrows as the Doctor and Rita both had longbows slung over their shoulders.

"Doctor! Doctor! Doctor!" They heard a woman shouting.

"Hello. Sorry, bit of a rush." He pointed in the direction of Martha. "There's a sort of thing happening. Fairly important we stop it."

"My God, it's you. Both of you." She looked between Rita and the Doctor. "It really is you two. Oh, you don't remember me, do you?"

"Doctor, we haven't got time for this." Martha reminded him. "The migration's started."

"And whose fault is it that we don't have enough time." Rita crossed her arms raising her brows at the Doctor who rolled his eyes at her in return.

"Look, sorry, we've got a bit of a complex life." He continued gesturing to himself and Rita. "Things don't always happen to us in quite the right order. Gets a bit confusing at times, especially at weddings. I'm rubbish at weddings, especially my own." He muttered the last part glancing at Rita who laughed recalling the memory when he accidentally got married to a woman they had met on a planet. Apparently saving someone's life was the way most people proposed to others there.