The Shakespeare Code - Three

"All Hallows Street," The Doctor looked around at the buildings which looked somewhat like the others.

"What question is, which house?" Rita sighed looking at every detail of the buildings, anything to tell her what house was the woman.

"The thing is, though am I missing something here?" Martha asked. "The world didn't end in 1599. It just didn't. Look at me. I'm living proof." She gestured to herself.

"Oh, how to explain the mechanics of the infinite temporal flux?" The Doctor looked at her.

"Back to the Future." Rita grinned in thought. "It's exactly like back to the future, except with witches, sort of."

"The film?"

"No, the novelisation." The Doctor sarcastically replied to Martha earning a whack on the back of the head from Rita.

"Yes, Martha, the film," she replied narrowing her eyes at the Doctor who grumbled at her rubbing the back of his head. "Marty McFly goes back and changes history."

"And he starts fading away." Her eyes widened in horror. "Oh my God, am I going to fade?"

"You and the entire future of the human race. It ends right now in 1599 if we don't stop it. But which house?" The Doctor continued to look around. A door then creaked open and they all stared at it.

"Well then"

"Ah. Make that witch house." The Doctor grinned smugly at Rita who shook her head.

"Bit creepy" She muttered glancing at the dark, dim room inside.

"Well, it is a witches house." The Doctor replied quietly then walked in front and moved a cloth in the way of where I door should have been.

"I take it we're expected." He said to the woman who Rita had seen before standing inside

"Oh, I think Death has been waiting for you a very long time." She said quietly.

"Right then, it's my turn." Martha stepped forward and Rita frowned a little confused by what she was doing. "I know how to do this. I name thee Carrionite!" She pointed at it, the witch faked a gasp and Rita shook her head. "What did I do wrong? Was it the finger?"

"Oh, Martha" She shook her head.

"The power of a name works only once. Observe." The witch pointed at Martha. "I gaze upon this bag of bones and now I name thee Martha Jones." Rita ran to Martha's side as she fell backwards, she and the Doctor caught Martha's body before she fell to the floor.

"What have you done?!" The Doctor shouted gritting his teeth in anger.

"Only sleeping, alas. It's curious. The name has less impact. She's somehow out of her time." The witch muttered to herself. "And as for you, Sir Doctor, Lady Stone." She pointed at the Doctor then Rita. "Fascinating. There are no names. "Why would a man hide his title in such despair? And a Lady do exactly the same?" She looked at them both for a moment then started smiling. "Oh, but look. There's still one word with the power that aches."

"The naming won't work on us." The Doctor stated.

"But your heart grows cold. The north wind blows and carries down the distant Rose." Rita stood up gritting her teeth wanting to lunge at the witch.

"Oh, you just made a very, VERY big mistake there!" She loudly told the witch stepping forward. "Want to know why?" She asked and the Doctor then stepped forward standing beside the Time Lady.

"Because that name keeps us fighting." He stepped closer to the Carrionite looking down at her angrily. "The Carrionites vanished. Where did you go?"