Blink - Two

Just like the first chapter of 'Blink' it is quite different from the original episode, obviously it would be pretty boring if I just followed the episode directly so I decided to write up what the Time Lords along with Martha did during their time in 1969. I think this episode as a whole is actually a big plot point in the journey of the Time Lords; that might just be me though, who knows ;)

-----

Rita and Martha sighed after another long day of working. It had now been a total of seven weeks since they first arrived in 1969, the Doctor was still trying to finish his 'timey-wimey.' detector. "I'm starving" Martha muttered opening the door before gasping at the mess in the flat.

"Okay, what has he done now." Rita groaned knowing this was only the possible doing of one person, only one man could make a mess like this, the Doctor. They walked inside and gagged at the smell holding a hand to their mouths and noses while looking around seeing what looked like blood stains and feathers scattered on the floor. Rita removed her hand and sniffed the air her face turning to disgust. "It's chicken blood."

"Chicken blood?" Martha muffled through her hand. Rita hummed and stepped further into the room before the Doctor walked into the room from the kitchen ruffling a towel through his hair with a different suit to the one the girls saw him wearing this morning.

"What did you do?" Rita asked causing the Doctor to jump, dropping the mop he had picked up after dropping his towel "I will clean it up." he protested holding his hands up letting the towel fall to the floor.

"Doctor what did you do?" She repeated again crossing her arms.

"I learned that the timey-wimey detector can also boil eggs, and cause hens to explode." He sighed looking down.

"Why were there chickens in the flat?" Martha asked then shook her head. "Actually don't answer that." She walked into the kitchen to collect supplies to clean up.

"Why were there chickens in the flat?" Rita asked crossing her arms again. The Doctor scratched the back of his head.

"I was going to make us dinner." He mumbled looking down.

"But it's my turn to cook?" She raised a brow.

"No." He chuckled stepping closer to her and taking her hands. "I was going to make us dinner." Her eyes widened realising what he meant, her cheeks flushed pink as she chuckled.

"Oh, Doctor you didn't have to do that." She reached for his cheek cupping it with her hand before stroking the soft skin with her thumb.

"But I wanted to." He protested smiling.

"Your such a sweetheart." She murmured softly kissing him for a moment. "You really didn't have to cook alone Doctor, I could have helped."

"I wanted to show you that I could without the TARDIS assisting me in it." He chuckled.

"You remember the comment I made?" She raised a brow giggling. "Oh, Doctor." She fondly shook her head. "Now, is it bad to say that I don't want to see a chicken for a month." She laughed removing her hand from his cheek allowing it to rest beside her.

The Doctor nodded in agreement. "I don't want to see one in two months."

"Now," She gave him a pointed look knowing that if she didn't say anything now he would mostly run off and hide somewhere. "I hope you don't expect me and Martha to clear your mess away for you." She raised her brows at him making it explicitly clear that it was indeed his mess and not hers or Marthas. "Come on you made this mess you can help tidy it up." She walked into the kitchen where Martha was moping the floor, she then picked up a pair of gloves and a cloth before tossing them to the Doctor. He rolled his eyes and began to help them clean the flat.