Muse (Jimin x Reader)

Papers are scattered everywhere, some fumbled up and others graced with an attempt at a certain model. The features are too vague to determine on whom the figure is based off of, but it is clearly a woman.

Normally he draws cute images of animals or chibi versions of himself and the other boys, but sometimes the ordinary must be replaced with a challenge. Yet this one does not seem to work in Jimin's favour, because when you enter his room you are greeted by a ball of paper to the face. You startle as it bounces off your and hits the floor. 'I thought I should check on you and this is how you greet me?' Despite your airy and slightly sarcastic tone, Jimin looks shocked by your sudden appearance.

'Y/N, you startled me. I had not expected to see you today.' While he seems happy you are here, he also appears to ponder the reason of your visit.

You have started dating not too long ago and today would be your date night. However, he seems to have forgotten it, considering his reaction.

'You forgot, didn't you?' you sigh, putting your hands on your hips.

'Forgot what?' He looks completely clueless as to what you are talking about.

'We had a date planned for tonight. Does that ring a bell somewhere?'

He groans and rubs his face. 'How in the world can I forget such a thing? I am so sorry.' Regret sounds in his voice and his eyes look apologizing when he looks up at you.

You pick up the paper ball at your feet and smooth it out. A silhouette of a lady is drawn on it. 'You know what? If you tell me what you were doing that made you forget our date, I just might forgive you,' you propose playfully with a wink before you sit down on the edge of his bed.

Jimin turns his chair to face you. It is then that you see how frustrated he must have been. His hands are covered in granite and his short black hair is messy because of all the times he probably raked through it with his hands in irritation.

'I tried to draw realistically for once, therefore I tried to draw a girl. Well, you can see how that turned out,' he says with a beaten tone in his voice as he gestures to the paper-covered floor.

'She has no face.' Your eyes look down at the sketch as you make the remark.

'I tried to, except I just couldn't do it.' He sounds as if he has lost a tough fight, which left him completely exhausted.

'You could have drawn me.'

'I tried that either and yet I couldn't get that right as well. Not wanting to do you any injustice, I went back to trying to draw non-particular faces.' Only he has given up on that aspect to a fault, which results in faceless figures.

'Maybe you just need a model.' Artists seem to deliver better work when their muse is present.

He chuckles, still sounding a bit uncertain. 'To draw you properly I would need some kind of mold and even then it would not be your equal.'

'There is no harm in trying.' Your voice is confident and determined, hoping some of it will brush off on him.

'Arguing with you will be of no use. Alright, but don't get mad if it's bad, okay?' Jimin really wants you to make that promise, it is his kind of assurance.

'I promise.'

Sitting as still as a statue, you pose as he draws you. He looks so cute when he is focused you cannot help but smile. When he looks away from his sketchbook, in which barely pages are left, and at you, you quickly regain your composure. This goes on for a time, him working and you grinning when he is not looking.

'Almost done?' you ask after a while.

'Almost,' he answers thoughtfully, his dark eyes focused on his drawing. The pencil draws the last lines, completing your image in shades of grey.

'What do you think?' He presents your portrait with doubt very apparent in his manner.

The piece of art is the precise likeness of you. Your eyes almost pop out of their sockets in surprisement. 'Whoa, Jimin, this is amazing.'

He sighs in relief when he hears your words. 'Maybe I did indeed need a model. Thank you, Y/N.' He places the paper on his desk and hugs you.

Glad he has found some peace of mind, you wrap your arms around him. 'I'll be your muse any time.'

Every artist needs a source of inspiration, be it a person or an object. Sometimes it is an emotion. His is love.