Proper pink attire (Jin x Reader)

You cannot be any more proud of him and the others for winning another award. This means a celebration in the form of an award show, which in turn means formal attire will be required. Normally girls would be happy and thrilled at the chance of wearing a gorgeous gown for such an event, but you have never been like them. If clothing is not practical, which a dress is not at all, you refuse to wear it. Only in times like these you are more or less forced to co-operate with your greatest enemy.

Even though it is somewhat expected of you to show up, in proper clothing nonetheless, at award shows since you are Jin's girlfriend, it still does not mean that you like it. If it was up to you, you would wear a neat pair of black pants in combination with a white shirt under a black jacket and matching sneakers. However, sometimes one must live up to the expectations of others, although you could gauge their eyes out with the heels, which you would also need to wear. Overall, it feels as if you will be brought to your personal hell.

***

'Come on, Y/N, how bad can it be?' Jin asks whilst keeping his eyes on the road as you drive to the city to do some dress shopping. He had insisted on it despite your many protests. Apparently you cannot wear the same outfit twice.

'If you want to try it for yourself, be my guest. I'd be more than happy to trade places,' you answer sarcastically. Oh, what you would not give to wear a suit.

'I wouldn't say ''no'' to a pink dress. I might even be able to pull it off.' He sounds so confident it makes you wonder how it would look. The mere thought makes you laugh.

Jin looks briefly to the side. 'What's so funny?'

'Nothing, I just pictured you in a cute short pink dress and heels,' you snicker.

'You shouldn't take everything I say too seriously,' he sighs and focuses again. 'Though I do wonder what kind of thoughts my words create sometimes.'

***

Shopping feels like a living hell. It is one shop after another and trying on evening dresses. Long, short, every kind of length and colour have been tried on. Funny enough, after hours of torture, you think you may have found the one.

Strangely happy with the way it looks on you, you walk out of the fitting room. Jin's eyes widen in surprise as he looks at the short soft pink dress with glitters. 'Whoa, it looks... so girly.' He trails off a bit as his gaze never wanders off of you.

'I know, but somehow I really like it,' you say as you twirl around, the skirt looking like a flower that surrounds you as you do so. 'Maybe I should get my nails done in a similar fashion as well.'

This causes his mouth the fall open in astonishment. 'When did you become such a feminine lady? Dress, nails, heels. What happened to the Y/N I know?'

With a nonchalant shrug, you simply say: 'I guess I have a ladylike side to me after all.' After taking one more look in the mirror, you wink at him and smile.

'You look gorgeous either way, with or without dress.' He stands up from the cream-coloured sofa that is placed in front of the fitting rooms and puts his hands on your shoulders. 'Let's pay and go to a nail salon. Maybe get some lunch before that, because I'm starving.'

You turn around, wrap your arms around his neck and give him a quick kiss on the lips before changing back in your casual attire.

***

A week later you accompany BTS to the ceremony wearing the dress with matching nails and more makeup than usual. You are lying if you say you do not enjoy it.

Being girly can be fun, but only every once in a while.