The well

Coral was sure she should not do that, she knew deep down that it would be very bad if she disobeyed her mother, but the extinct adventure in the blood of the Jones Family was stronger, and Coral was very curious, if only To see from afar, she would find that door.

The house was in the shadows, the moonlight shining through the window, leaving the air dark. The house was cold.

The living room was where the old, valuable furniture that no one wore. This room was the old thing of the house, perhaps even older than the house itself, and as dark as the strange noises of darkness. Coral was not afraid of any of this, she was drawn to the story her mother told her, about this other dangerous and deceitful world, she could not explain why she was attracted to it, something she obviously had to run away from and try not to find , But she had no choice, that within her was stronger.

Coral entered the drawing room and soon felt a chill run through her body, all her hair crawled and her breathing became difficult. She looked around and saw nothing but the furniture, the fireplace, and the door she'd just passed. There was no other door there.

Then she remembered the dreams, the two dreams, always had a well and that was what she should find.

Coral did not think twice as he walked through the front door and out of the house, the moonlight brightened and the sky was starry, but the whole floor was covered with a dense fog. It would be difficult to find the well with all that fog.

- I have to find this well. Coral whispered and yet it almost seemed like a scream.

A black figure began to move right in front of him. Coral stepped back instinctively. Two thin hands gripped his shoulders. She was going to scream, but the hand soon caught her mouth and turned her head so she could see who was holding her.

It was Balt Bobinsky.

Coral stared at that tall figure and grass, he looked scary in the twilight of the night and his eyes looked like cat eyes.

"Do not be alarmed, Miss. Jones. He whispered.

- How come you come from behind and still ask me not to scare me !!! You crazy! She did not notice she was screaming.

- Speak low! Balt put his hand back to Coral's mouth. - Keep your voice down, please! Balt withdrew his hand from Coral's mouth as he glared at him.

"If you do it again, I swear I'll send you to The Other Mother." Coral did not think when he said that, and he did not imagine it was anything to write about, but Balt knew and his eyes widened in terror at the words.

Balt approached Coral, so close that she could feel his breath, she even felt the smell of cheese in it.

"You should not talk about ... about her ..." he said in a way that made Coral tremble and regret having said that.

"You know about-" Coral started and stopped before he spoke the name. She was beginning to trust that tall, strange boy. "Do you know my mother?"

"Yes. You look a lot like her." Balt was looking up and down at Coral. "She was here when my grandfather died, they were friends, you know."

"Was my mother here?" Coral was beginning to find it odd that Coraline had come back twice and never told her that.

"What are you doing here at this time, Miss. Jones? Coral did not even notice that he changed the subject quickly. "It's too dangerous to walk in the dark because of the fog."

- I'm looking for ... one thing. Coral spoke warily. "Maybe you could help me."

"I can not help you get into trouble." I'm sorry. Balt said that, but he stood still in front of Coral.

"Then I'd better continue my exploration before my parents wake up." Coral gave him the shore and started walking.

- Please, do not go. He started following her.

"Did not your grandfather have a band of jumping rats?" Coral asked abruptly.

"Yes, he did, but the rats are very old now. They only rest all day.

"I hear they helped my mother, in a way."

- Yes.

- I have to go, I have to continue my exploration. Coral ran away so fast that Balt could not speak or accompany her. Now she was alone and will just enter the forest.

Coral did not know if she was on the right track, in fact she was almost sure she was on the wrong track. The forest was dark and silent, a light breeze swaying the branches around him, but Coral was not afraid. Maybe a little.

The well was a few feet away, she was on the right track, but that path did not look like her dream. She looked back, could see the house.

She approached the well, the wind seemed to grow stronger, restless, she seemed to be anxious for something. The well was closed, with boards.

She looked through a small hole and for a moment something seemed to stir inside, but there was no sound of water.

Coral went around the well, looking quite normal. She realized that she did not know what to do now that she was there before something similar to her dream, until that moment she imagined the dream only as something unreal, but now she had some hope that it was a certain call.

"Coral..."

She was scared. It was a distant voice. She looked everywhere, and into the pit.

- Hello! Coral said.

Everything was silent. Coral waited for a few more minutes and called again, but no one answered. Everything was calm.

Dawn was already on the horizon, and whatever she thought she had heard, was gone. She decided to go home, she had found the well, she knew where he was, she could go back there later.

Before leaving the forest, something caught his attention. It was not the black figure again, it looked like a toy. Coral approached and saw that it was a doll and that made her a bit scared, because the doll was just like her.