The Sacrifice and the End

"A kiss of true love will break any curse" - Once Upon a Time

"You Have the Power to Restore" - Coral, Coraline's Daughter, Cap - The Known Souls

The moon that was once covered by clouds was now large and bright, the labyrinth was no longer so dark but still scary and gloomy. There was another detail on the Moon, something Coral remembered, something his mother, Coraline, had told him. A big eclipse was happening. A large button shape was beginning to cover the Moon, it had covered enough, the clouds had hidden this detail, but now Coral could see clearly. It was time passing.

Coral and the Cat ran out of time, the crystal showed no sign that Mr. Bobinsky was around, and they had to find him before finding Another Mother again.

As time passed the labyrinth became more frightening, it was as if all things buried there agonized to leave, the good and especially the bad moaned everywhere. Moans of pain and agony echoed in the corridors of the labyrinth, and figures roamed everywhere, seeming to be freer than ever.

- Time is running out and she's stronger. - the cat said walking alongside Coral and watching a white figure that seemed a ghost to travel quickly next to him.

- How is this possible? I got the crystal, I freed Miss Spink and Forcible and the ghosts they protected. How could she get any stronger?

Cat looked at the floor.

- She has Coraline. She has Toby. He said and Coral stopped to listen more closely.

- What?

"Coral, she can do whatever she wants. We are in her world. It's not like the last time.

- As? I dont understand.

"Without you I'm going to die." The cat said, Coral knew those words. "As long as you are here she will be strong, she will absorb your life. You're worried, you're playing her game. The fear of you is the strength of it.

Coral understood what he meant, things really from the beginning did not look anything like the last time, she was dumb and disobeyed Coraline in every way, had been warned from the beginning, but also kept thinking that if she had not Disobeyed would be safe at home with her parents and her brother. But what about the others? And all the children that the Other Mother would bring there? There were several other doors. She was smarter and stronger. Coral could not let that happen. He felt responsible for all that despite not being. The Other Mother had been there since the foundation of the world, Coral was not responsible for the evil, but felt responsible for the danger they all ran.

"Lucius ..." Coral spoke Cat's name for the first time.

- Do not call me like that. "The cat replied. - I have no name. Cats do not need a name.

"But-" Coral then recalled that the Cat did not need a name, he knew exactly who he was. - What do I have to do? I stuck the crystal in it, but it did not work.

The cat looked at her with impatience and arrogance.

"You know why it did not work out. The cat then sighed and looked back. "You know it has to be Toby.

- But ...

- I would if I could. Rudy would, too, but ... "The cat stopped, stared at the ground, and his head was lowered. Coral then realized that the Cat was crying. "My children are dead, my family is gone, there's nothing left for us ..."

Coral wondered what would happen to her if this happened to her family. Coraline turning into evil, Wybie being turned into a cat, and she and Toby killed. She shuddered at the thought, her whole family destroyed by her fault. She should not have gone to the Other World, but that would have to come to an end, either she or the Other Mother would survive, one would have to die and for that the crystal would have to reach Toby's hands.