The Other Door, The Other World, The Other Mother

Coral did not think twice before heading out into the fog following that black cat. It had not been too long since she woke up in the morning to that moment, but the weather was suddenly darker, more tempestuous, and yet Coral did not hesitate to go out in that strange haze, following a black cat that apparently knew To speak, although she had not heard him speak, she remembered very well the story her mother told and how she could forget the cat that was her mother's friend? Of course she would not forget anything, no detail, but she knew her mother had not told her everything.

The cat rushed into the forest, Coral had to be quick enough to follow it unnoticed. The forest was dark and the wind shook the trees in a frightening way, it all seemed to be a great warning sign for Coral to turn and run home, but she would not do that, not when her curiosity was greater, not when she He felt that he was getting closer and closer to the adventure of his life.

Coral did not know where she was, the forest was so dense and deep that it seemed they were miles away from her house, she remembered that they had not yet passed through the well, so they should not be far away. She was hoping the cat would take her to the other entrance, since it was impossible for her to enter through the door of the living room.

The well was just ahead, she saw when the cat jumped on the edges of the well and then in. Coral's eyes widened in amazement and before she could run to see if the cat had drowned, he stepped out with a cord around his neck. Coral narrowed her eyes to see what was caught in the chorus and only then did she realize that if it was locked in a large black key. "The key to the entrance," he thought at once.

The cat continued on the path, deeper into the forest, the wind began to get stronger and colder, thunder echoed in the sky and at that moment Coral thought seriously of coming home, but it was so close, she could feel, she could Feel the wind whispering in her ear and the cat would disappear with the key and the entrance if she gave up now she could never find the other world. He was not going to have the adventure of a lifetime.

- It's cold. - She whispered and wished she had not taken a coat, looked at the hands that were freezing, and then looked up at the sky that was so cloudy that it seemed like night. - So I'll freeze.

When Coral turned his attention to the cat he noticed that he had disappeared, she ran trying to find him, but he was nowhere and now Coral did not know where to go or how to get back. He decided to go ahead, sooner or later he would get somewhere.

Thirty minutes had passed since the moment Coral lost the cat from view, she no longer had the strength to keep walking, the cold was so much she could barely breathe. At that moment she regretted following the cat and was absolutely sure she would die there.

"Coooooraal .."

Coral looked to the side and almost died of fright when seeing a great scary tree that a few minutes ago was not there. She took short steps to reach the tree, she was huge, and her branches danced frighteningly in the wind.

"What a strange tree." Coral was not afraid, she actually felt like exploring and then started to go around the tree when she saw it.

A small door stuck in the trunk of the Tree. The trunk was the door. Coral realized that he had finally found what he was looking for. That was the Other Door.

The door was very old and full of marks, it was so beautiful that Coral was mesmerized watching every detail. There were circles rounding the corners, and the marks seemed to be as old as the doors, a great crevice as if it were made by an ax adorned the foot of the trunk, someone will attempt to overthrow that tree, but without success, for it was intact. The knob was black, shaped like a large button. Coral squeezed firmly and pushed her away and to her surprise the door was open.

Hot air rushed out of the door, heating Coral for a few seconds. She did not know if she wanted to get in there, it was so dark and stinking the old thing, but she had to get in. That's what she needed to do and that's what she did. She took a deep breath and stepped into the dark, unknown hallway, did not know what was waiting for her, but knew she could win.

The hallway was long, dark, smelly, and hot. It was so old, Coral felt as if something were following in the darkness, something scary, slow and old that she did not have the courage to even look back, she just wanted to get to the end of the tunnel fast.

Coral's eyes were closed and she opened them when she felt the light. It was so strong that it dazzled her eyes and only after a few seconds did her eyes become accustomed to the light, and then she saw that it was in the forest. It was the same forest she had just left, she was sure, but that was different. It was clear and the sun shone through the trees, the birds sang and everything was so green and dry. That forest looked like a happy summer day. It was a perfect place. It was the Other World.

Coral did not believe she was really there, it seemed impossible, she always believed in her mother, but that feeling of being in it was totally different, she was waiting to wake up any minute from that dream. How could all this be evil? She was feeling so good that she could not imagine how bad that could be.

The other house was right in front of him, Coral had already left the "enchanted forest" of the dream forest, he thought. That place was bright.

The house was big, just like her, but prettier. Coral watched her for a few minutes before entering, seemed to be completely empty, though she looked cheerful and new. Coral imagined that perhaps the neighbors were asleep, or maybe they were somewhere else.

She entered the house, it was dark, it seemed night, just a light coming from the kitchen. Coral went up there, his mother was with her back to her stirring in a pan, she looked thinner.

- Mother? - Coral said, forgetting for a second of everything and remembering again when the slender woman turned around revealing large black buttons instead of her eyes.

It was Coraline. It was identical to her, only more beautiful and more cheerful.

- Finally! - The woman spoke sweetly, but a little threatening.

Coral stood still, and clenched his fists. She was shaking, and at that moment she wished she had not gone to that other world, the fear rising all over her body making her heart race, she did not know what could happen next, she knew she was in trouble. For the woman standing in front of him with a cold smile on her lips was her Other Mother.