Wishes can come true

Coral returned home with the doll, she hid it inside the clothes so that no one could see. Coraline was at the door with her arms crossed and her gaze unfriendly. Coral was sure she was in trouble.

- Where were you? Coraline almost screamed, she was too nervous, Coral had never seen her like this.

"I was exploring..."

"You think this is a joke? Do you think this is a fun adventure?" Coraline approached her daughter by the arm and shaking her.

Coral was frightened to see her mother act this way and was even more frightened when she saw that her neighbors, Balt Bobinsky, Amanda Forcible and Amanda Spink were all watching the show. In fact, she was embarrassed to be getting a grudge from her mother in front of her future friends.

- Let me go! - Coral shrieked and the moment he did so the doll dropped from his outfit in front of Coraline. Everyone was silent. All eyes turned to the doll that was identical to Coral in every detail, even the green cloak and red overshoes she was wearing last night. All the neighbors saw it. Coraline was no longer furious, what was in her eyes now was pure terror.

Coraline took the doll off the floor and lifted it before her eyes. The other children, Balt, Amanda and Amanda looked frightened, like children needing their parents.

- Where did you get that? - Coraline asked without taking her eyes off the doll.

- It was in the forest.- Coral spoke so softly that if her mother had not been so close it would have been hard to hear.

Coraline could not speak, was too shocked and held the doll so firmly that Coral imagined that her mother was afraid the doll would run from her hands.

- What's going on here? - Wybie appeared in the doorway wearing a nightgown and little Toby in his arms.

"Coral, go to your room, and do not leave until I tell you otherwise."

Coral passed by her father, was furious, she was really angry at the way her mother treated her in front of everyone, that was a new feeling she had never felt. She entered the room and slammed the door behind her, looked out the window and saw that her mother was still out there, surrounded by her neighbors children, Coral could not quite see what was happening. She leaned out the window to see better, it was when she saw a small smoke appear in the middle of that sinister wheel, for a second a black figure ran past and entered the middle of the wheel where his parents and neighbors were, looked like a cat, watching The Coral doll burn. Everyone watched with a mixture of fear and relief in their eyes.

Coral jumped on the bed and buried his face in the cushion. It was the first time Coral had wanted, with all his heart, to have another mother.