A little bit of truth

Coral was already close to home, she can see the light away from her window high. He could only think of the grudge his mother would give him. Coral would be punished until she was 80, which she imagined as she stepped out of the forest and saw her big pink house.

- CORAL !! - Coraline's voice was desperate and she ran to hug her daughter when she saw her. - Where were you? You ... you do not know ... what I imagined.

- I'm fine, Mom. - Coral spoke and felt the arms of his father and his little brother Toby holding him.

Coraline now glared at Coral. Now that she knew she was fine she could not make it cheap.

"Were you in the woods?"

Coral does not respond.

- In between. Now.

Everyone came in and it was only now that Coral noticed that prying eyes were on the windows of the house watching the whole scene.

Coral was heading straight for his room, but his mother made him come back. She asked Wybie for Toby to sleep while she would have a conversation with Coral.

"What were you thinking?"

Coral was not interested, she could only think about going to sleep.

- Look at me Coral. Answer. What were you thinking?

"I met the Other Mother." Coral spoke without thinking and regretted bitterly the next minute.

Coraline's eyes were wide, her breathing stopped.

- You how? How did you get in?

- I followed the cat.

Coraline was even more astonished. And after long seconds, he just said,

- Go to sleep. It's already quite late.

Coral did not understand, but when his the stairs to go to the bedroom looked back and saw his mother collapsing in the chair, his hands holding his head in a form of quite worry, or was it defeat? But Coral remembered that the last time he saw his mother like this was when his Grandmother, Coraline's mother, had died.

Coral finally jumped into bed, having taken a quick shower. She was more than ready to sleep and hoped she would not dream that night, she was already married enough, but as always, her dreams would not obey her.

"Coral was in front of her house, sitting on the grass, it was a beautiful day, green on the ground and blue in the sky.she saw children come out of the forest happily, as if they were playing inside.When they approached, Coral realized Which were the two Amanda's and the Balt. "

"Hey, you." They approached her. "What are you doing in my dream?"

The three of them sat in front of Coral, making a small circle.

"We heard you visited The Other Mother," an Amanda said, but Coral did not know which one.

"Yes. She told me her story."

Balt smiled wryly and glanced over the shoulder at the forest.

Of course she did. - he said.

"But I must say, do not believe what she says." - this time Coral saw that the speaker was Amanda F.

"Why not?" She seemed very convincing.

"She's fooling you."

"Attracting you to your web."

"Then why do not you tell me the truth?"

The three children looked at each other."

"That's not our job." The three of them talked together.

"But the truth will come." Amanda S. said.

Coral thought for a second, then spoke.

"What did my mother come here to do?" After your grandparents died?

- She came to protect us. That's what she does. She was the only adult of blood left. When our relatives died, she came. She always came.

- Blood? - Coral was very confused.

"From the blood of the chosen ones to protect.

"We are children, Coral, we are the Other Mother's favorite meal," Balt said sadly.

- The younger, the better.

Coral shook her head, was confused. He did not want to believe any of it anymore, he did not want to be there anymore.

- This is just a dream. - Coral whispered.

- Dreams are good. Yes Yes. They can help you. - Amanda Forcible said.

"But they can be bad as well, they can be used by the Other Mother, but only if you let her in." Amanda Spink said.

"Do not let her in, Coral." Balt spoke at last.

Suddenly, the wind began to grow strong, everyone looked up at the sky, the clouds became heavy.

- Hey you!

The room looked at the voice. A boy was standing about ten feet away from them. Amanda, Amanda, and Balt made a big smile when they saw that boy. They did not seem to believe what they were seeing.

- You!! The three of them talked together and ran to welcome the boy.

Coral was not yet old enough to feel things for the boys, but that boy made her feel for the first time. He was beautiful and his eyes were so green they looked like the grass he was stepping on.

"Who are you and why are you in my dream?" She said, trying not to be boring.

"He's going to ..." Amanda began to speak, but the mysterious boy snapped his fingers three times and all the others disappeared, leaving only him and Coral in front of the house.

- What happened? What did you do with them?

"Do not worry, they're fine." He put his hands in his pockets. It should have been about 14 years, but it was lower than the Balt. - Some things should only be said at the right time.

- WHO IT IS YOU "Coral was furious. That boy seemed to be very intoxicated.

- Calm down, little girl, I'm coming.

And before Coral could say anything, he just disappeared and she woke up.

Probably that was the strangest dream she ever had and yet she decided not to believe him. It was only a dream with half truths.

It was still dark, but she did not want to go back to sleep, she got up and looked out the window, it was very dark outside and the wind shook the green grass. For a second, among the trees in the forest, Coral thought he saw a figure of an unknown boy, but looking at him, it was just a skinny tree. She did not want to think about that, nor about that dream, and then lay down on the bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking of nothing, waiting for daybreak.