In the bowels of the House

The living room was the same as the real one, but more beautiful and more organized. It was nice to be there for someone who did not know the story, but for Coral that place made her shiver. There they were, warm and warm, but something bad came from every part of the house, the cold churning through each one's body, but their kind heart could warm it to the soul.

Unknowingly Coral leaned against Rudy's arm and involuntarily contracted, his body felt colder in the Otherworld.

"Looks like I'm more dead here than I already am." He said and smiled, Coral now realized how much that ghost boy's smile was beautiful and that thought made her blush, she also realized that her eyes were greener and brighter, but she did not pay much attention to it.

Both Amanda's and Balt seemed to be already accustomed to that place, and yet they gazed cautiously sideways. Coral had already been there, but now things seemed a little different. The pictures on the walls looked scary, the light in the room was half dead, and the total silence was disturbing.

"This place is different. Coral whispered to herself, they all looked at her.

- It always changes. Balt said looking around.

"It's her fashion to confuse everyone." Amanda Forcible said.

Coral was beginning to feel a tightness in the heart, his little brother was there somewhere and his parents too, many things started to go through his head. Toby was there a long time, was he still there? The Other Mother still had not got what she wanted, she was sure of it. Everything was fine. Everything would be all right.

The crystal seemed to pulse inside her clothing, she could feel the heat emanating from him and all that power seemed scary.

"We can not separate. Rudy spoke and looked down the hall ahead of him.

The hallway had a faint yellowish light and the shadows seemed to move. Coral knew that the house was alive, she knew that this house was a very old and somber thing.

- What is the plan? Coral asked.

"We can not talk here, Coral. Amanda Spinck replied.

"We're not safe here, do you understand?" Amanda Forcible looked at her, motioning for the whole house around. Coral understood, there they could not plan anything. The Other Mother would always know.

"So what do we do now?" Coral could only think what might be happening now. Everything was so quiet, but now she was beginning to remember one thing: They had just entered through the little door, but her parents had come through the door of the old Tree, if anything was happening it was probably in the woods outside.

- Let's go. Rudy said, leading them to the hallway entrance. "I'll show you a safe place where we can plan."

Everyone was about to enter the corridor, Balt was between the two Amanda's while Rudy was a little ahead with Coral at his side.

Rudy looked at Coral, his eyes were brighter still, and the skin was paler and whiter, it seemed that every minute of it transformed him. Coral smiled at that dead boy, she did not even notice that she was smiling, something strangely strange all over her body and warmed her heart, she did not even realize she took Rudy's hand that was as cold as ice and released immediately upon realizing the what he was doing.

"You can hold my hand, I promise I'll protect you." Rudy spoke playfully, winking and grinning sideways at Coral who was flushed and frustrated at the same time. She did not understand what she was feeling about that boy, but from the first day she saw him in her dreams, she knew he was a little cheeky, and that she would never be the kind of boy she would like to have as a friend.

- I can take care of myself. Coral spoke sounding clearly irritated. Rudy smiled, his expression on her face.

"Then let's go." Rudy looked over his shoulder at those behind him. "Stay together and do not ..." Before he could finish the sentence the hallway began to suck them in, pulling them, they had nothing to do, they were taken by surprise.

The hallway had many doors and all were open like mouths devouring waiting for all the children to fall into one of them. Balt and Amanda's entered through one of the doors, while Coral and Rudy were shoved into another.

The door they entered led to another corridor, much darker and more frightening than the other. This corridor was colder, the light so weak that Coral and Rudy could barely make out anything ahead. The walls seemed to move. It was as if many spiders were moving on the walls. The odor emanating in that hallway was something rotten and old, like rotten wood many years ago, and the walls groaned, it was as if they were in pulsating cocoons, and the moans seemed like some hungry and imprisoned creature. Coral never felt so scared in her entire life.

- Where are we? She whispered to Rudy, holding her arm, this time she did not want to let go.

"It's not a good place, it's not a good place ..." Rudy seemed to be disturbed, his skin each whiter and colder, his eyes growing brighter green. He stared at Coral, fear flickering in his gaze. - We hit the wrong door. He whispered.

- What do you mean by that? Coral squeezed his arm more tightly in an attempt to bring him back to himself.

- Speak quietly. We have to get out of this hall as fast as we can. This is where my ... "He stopped, looked sideways and then looked at Coral, put his index finger in front of the lips" shiii ". Coral looked in the direction he had looked and can discern a door, every one of his body-shivered, she saw nothing but can feel. Something very bad was behind that door. She could see through the crack of the door that something was slowly pulsing inside, and the noise seemed like a soft snore of an engine, but it was so scary she could feel it in her bones.

Rudy pushed Coral gently in another direction, the two were now in another corridor, this one was a little clearer than the other.

- What was that? Coral asked, glancing over Rudy's shoulder, the scary corridor that had just left still emanating its stinking darkness.

That's where my grandmother is sleeping. He said, and glanced back. "And we should not wake her up at all."

Coral began to imagine how terrible this "grandmother" was, but his thoughts suddenly disappeared as Rudy was sucked back into the terrifying room and she was sucked in the opposite direction, had no reaction time, was in the blink of an eye and then She was already in another part of the house. It was a corridor, the door closed behind her and now she was alone.

- Rudy! Coral knocked on the door with all his might, but he knew he was far away from him. She turned from coast to door and when she looked ahead she saw a mirror reflecting her own image, for a brief moment she was startled and then looked around. The room was much brighter than the previous ones, but it was still dark and scary.

- What I'll do? Coral lowered his head. He was so afraid. She looked back at her reflection in the mirror and then came over to face him. - Let's go Coral! You're fort ... "Something moved on her back, it looked like a spider, she looked suddenly back and well in her eyes came large black buttons.

"Buh"

Coral fell back, closed his eyes prepared to bump into the mirror, but she crossed.

She opened her eyes slowly but saw nothing, everything was dark, no light was there and then suddenly she began to hear voices coming from everywhere:

"Stay very still" "stay very still"

The voices echoed in his head one after another. The voices seemed to suffer. Coral covered his ears, and then everything fell silent again. She lifted her head and then felt ... It was the scariest thing she had ever felt. Lips pressed against his ears like whispers and spoke at the same time:

"Because the Beautiful Lady is surely listening to us."